Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fire phasers! oops, I mean solicit #9

Perhaps I shouldn't judge a book by its cover but this looks like it could be a step in the right direction! I'm hoping that it will be a good action story, and a chance to see our old favorites and new heroes in action together! Flashback was a fascinating and, IMO, underused character.

Loved the cover homage to the classic X-men story, "Days of Future Past". This can also explain what had happened to our favorite Canadian heroes in the bleak future shown during the X-Men story. Can't wait to see this new AF issue!

who's the girl on the af cover mmj is protecting?

Appears to be Kitty Pryde in one of her Sprite/Aerial costumes....

I like the looks of this too. I was reading reviews recently when a lot of people said they were jumping off after #4, and I've seen the sales figures drop elsewhere on this board. I can see this drawing attention and maybe making those who were disappointed in the early part of the series hop back on board, if they can get a couple of neat stories and covers in a row.

This cover needs to be distributed evvvvvvvvvvvverywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    This cover needs to be distributed evvvvvvvvvvvverywhere!
    Think how great it would be if Marvel used this cover in promotional adds for the book! A tasty little blurb, and this pic in some of the other marvel titles could go a loooong way!

Ben

It is a pretty good homage cover. I'll probably pick up this storyline, simply because I like Flashback(and always wondered what happened to him). It would be a nice twist if they had him actually NOT die at the story's end, but (warning...negativity ahead) they'll probably just kill him off. It will be good to see a member of the original and best Omega Flight again.

Dana

I dunno about keeping him alive...

I'm more interested as to the reasons of why...

Sigh. I really don't know if this is the way to go. First we have Scott's "homage" to Giant-Size X-Men #1 that takes up 6 issues and ends on a horribly weak note. Then three issues later we start a story that judging from the cover is gonna have something to do with Days of Future Past... only the most over-referenced X-Men storyline of all time.

I hope that it'll be good, but I just don't know. Not to mention that I'm not thrilled about bringing back Flashback, a character with the most non-sensical power set I've ever encountered. At least Byrne is getting to use the real Doom Patrol these days...

Quote Originally Posted by PWalk
    Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    "No, I cannot bleed!"
    This was never followed up on, was it?
    I don't believe it was. And to be honest I had completely forgotten about her saying that.
    Wasnt there a later issue of Alpha Flight where Snowbird bleeds onto a rock and the rock kind of bubbles like acid? Maybe Birdie has corrosive blood like the Aliens?

Hiya Bloo, that bit with Snowbird lying against the rock was around the beginning of the true origin of Sas arc. I've always assumed she was actually supporting herself after getting punished by the gods for not having taken out Tanaraq. It was at that time she realised Sas's true identity etc.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Hiya Bloo, that bit with Snowbird lying against the rock was around the beginning of the true origin of Sas arc. I've always assumed she was actually supporting herself after getting punished by the gods for not having taken out Tanaraq. It was at that time she realised Sas's true identity etc.
    ... And the rock dissolving was a side effect of her parents getting mad at her for working with the Enemy. They turned the very world against her.

- Le Messor
    "Assassination is the extreme form of censorship."
    – GB Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    ... And the rock dissolving was a side effect of her parents getting mad at her for working with the Enemy. They turned the very world against her.
    Turned the world against her. *shudder* Now you see this is why you should never have relatives who are gods. I hope Doug Thompson gets along with his inlaws.