Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fire phasers! oops, I mean solicit #9

Default Fire phasers! oops, I mean solicit #9

ALPHA FLIGHT #9
    Written by SCOTT LOBDELL
    Pencils & Cover by CLAYTON HENRY
    "DAYS OF FUTURE PRESENT, PAST PARTICIPLE" PART 1 (OF 4)
    Continuing the Marvel tradition of classic time-traveling stories!
    Former Alpha Flight ally Flashback comes begging our heroes to
    time-jump to the past and stop his future self from dying in an attack that involves the original Alpha Flight, and er...Omega Flight. Huh--?
    What?! Exactly!
    32 PGS./ MARVEL PSR …$2.99

This had to happen, Flashback trying to get his neck saved before he gets yanked back to West Edmonton Mall! Maybe this is where Zuzha's powers will come to the fore!
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Now this sounds like a GREAT story! I can't wait for this!

Ben

YES! YES! YES!

MM =D>

I can't wait for Clayton's pencils of that scene of Jeffries with the car-bot...with old school Wild Child, Lil et all...SWEEEEEET!

Ben

New Recruit

What a great idea for a story. With a nod to past history, even! (I'm a sucker for those.)

What I'm dying to know is if they're traveling to the actual 616 Marvel past, or if they're going to miss their mark, and end up in an entirely different reality.. Like Kate in the original DOFP storyline..

~ Magik
    Do you believe in -- Magik?

This sounds pretty cool - I also really like the fact that storylines aren't being dragged out for 6 issues one after the other. 6 issue story arcs are fine, but most of the time they are not nessecary and 6 issues is like half a year!

Now this is worth waiting for. A tie to the past. Will be interesting to see how the original Alpha react to seeing Walt as Sas, or will they mis-interpret his appearence as a return of Tanaraq. All that and Big Hero Six too.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Sounds like a great concept. Looking forward to that one.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

What's this... 7 posts in and no negative comments... am I in the right reality?

Nicely done Scott, I'm sure I shall enjoy this.

Sounds promising enough. And 6-issue arcs certainly keep the series going. But what I want is one of those 100 issue arcs.

....keeping fingers crossed.....

Yup, yup...thats more like it! I'm possibly one of the only members of the bring Diamond Lil back - fan clubs. I loved Lil back in the old days and always thought she was top shelf AF material.

Bring it on mofo!
    An all new Alpha Flight? "You gotta be kiddin me!"

Hey, sounds good! Definitely a step in the right direction. I've always liked Flashback, so I just hope the story's done well.

I'm not really a fanfic person, but ever since I read that issue (27, I think?) I've had this great premise for a single issue story featuring Flashback (a filler-type issue - kind of like how Marvel used to do, kept in the drawer in case the regular art team needed a breather). It ends tragically, but I thought it would make a good character-driven tale. I hope to flesh it out further someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Syd
    I'm possibly one of the only members of the bring Diamond Lil back - fan clubs. I loved Lil back in the old days and always thought she was top shelf AF material.
    I'll agree, Sid, I liked Lil better back in the early days. She's had some moments since then, but not too many writers were able to use her well. I always thought "80's rocker chick"!

-Mike

Oh now this is gonna be good! Also isn't this the issue where there's supposed to be a 'surprise' engagement? november isn't close enough...
    Hell was full, so I came back.

I liked Lil better back in the early days. She's had some moments since then, but not too many writers were able to use her well. I always thought "80's rocker chick"!
    Presumably her hair was long because it was also near-indestructable. Didn't she use a strand as a garrote (sp) once?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.