Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sabretooth LS

My question is,

Why is Sabretooth so interested in Wendigo?

MM

I'm not too sure that the creatire at the end of #2, and on the cover to #3 is Walt anymore....

Spoilers(you have to highlight them to see them)....

It is Sas......as for Wendy.....I was RIGHT!!!!!!! I'm happy that this series is so good and Sas should be in issue 4 too....and Yay! The Wendigo!

Dana

Yup, I realised that a few days back as I got my hands on #3.

I'm just sorry this is ending at #5.... the first 3 issues have flown by.

Disclaimer: I'm out of it in general as far as keeping up with Marvel's titles --I'm pretty slack. It's all I can do to get out and grab AF every month. But I did spy #2 of this limited series just sitting on the shelf and I have to say WOW! I loved it. I think it just may be my favorite depiction of Sasquatch artistically, and even characteristically (scant as it is) in a LONG time (including the new series ). I can't wait to get 3 and to go back and get 1. Does anyone have a link to the cover of 3? Or 1 for that matter?

Hiya Bah!. The cover to number three can be seen on the first page of this thread, or see all three here.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Thanks DelBubs! And btw--I really dig the Avatar. I take it that's from the 90s X-men series?? I missed that whole series. I think I saw one or two, but definteley not that episode! Very cool.

The avatar is courtesy of our mod Phil. He did some jiggery pockery with video caprture. Took all the scenes he did from the 'Repo Man'. There's a thread Here which might interest you.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by maniac mike
    My question is,

Why is Sabretooth so interested in Wendigo?

MM
    Hair care tips? LOL...I think it's explained by Walt in issue three.

Dana

Not having read issue 3, I'm going to blow this one with some speculation and steam:

If you think about it, the curse of the Wendigo and Walt's possession by Tanaraq are pretty damn near close. Only difference is, Walt's in near-possession of his own mind (with some shown differences between Walt's human personae and Sasquatch personae). Now, here's a theory: we all know Walt likes being a superhero - hell, he got himself into this problem by trying to turn himself into the Hulk. Well, what if he realises that he doesn't want to do it anymore? That he's only doing it because he has the power to and feels he has no choice? There are several similarities between Sasquatch and Wendigo: not only are they huge, furry and (at times) feral, but they were both brought on by a supernatural 'curse'. Either Walt thinks he can use the Wendigo's curse to break his own, or he believes he can use his own to cure the Wendigo.

Something to think about...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    I'm just sorry this is ending at #5.... the first 3 issues have flown by.
    Issue #4 (shipping in December) is actually the last one. Even though this series has been listed on every Diamond order form as "#x of 5", no book was solicited for January.

I originally thought this may have been just a scheduling thing (Bart Sears: great art, slow output), but the final clue was the listing of Marvel's upcoming TPB's:

FEBRUARY 2005
    SABRETOOTH: OPEN SEASON TPB
    ISBN: 0-7851-1507-2
    $9.99
    96 Pages Trade Paperback Color
    Collects: Sabretooth 1-4

I've liked many aspects of this book (in both art & story) but it took three issues to reveal that Sabretooth was hunting Wendigo. I'll reserve judgement on the whole thing until after #4, but I think this story could have been told in a prestige format 48-pager.

-Mike

Part of the joy in the story is getting there, and this series has been a good read from the start, not feeling decompressed to stretch 4 issues at all. Wendigo can be interesting, but the highlight was the (too short) Sabes/Sas battle.
    The trades are here to stay, and I think they killed the reign of 48 page one-shots.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

According to Diamond's list, it mentions Sabretooth as being a five part mini, but I know that can't be right, so we won't know for sure...I know the solicits for January don't mention the fifth issue for Sabes, so I dunno...

Default TPB is out

The TPB previously mentioned in this thread is now out. It's a good deal, too, for $9.99 you can get four $2.99 issues collected. Anyway, I re-read the entire series when I got this and I am still very impressed. I thought it was such a great series, and not just because Sas had so much face time [SEE BELOW] I also just noticed on the 5th page, the yellow smiley face with the blood spots on it [funny how you notice new details six months later...] awesome! I remember when these books were first coming out that I was very much into them and looked forward to them as much as the concurrent ANADAF issues. I would re-read the issues 3x over just to drink in Bart Sears' art. I'm looking forward to seeing more of Bart Sears on the new WX LS. I find his style of art to be so unique among all of the other artists.

I quickly counted the number of panels in which either Sabretooth or Sasquatch or both appear, broken down by issue number.
    1 - 6sab 2sas
    2 - 5sab 9both 17sas [this is the fight issue]
    3 - 10sab 20sas [this is the issue with the sas cover]
    4 - 15sab 11sas
    Total: 36 Sabretooth, 9 Both, 50 Sasquatch

This ought to have been titled "Sasquatch and Sabretooth" LS. But really, can you imagine a 48pg TPB with the title character appearing so infrequently?

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

WooHoo! I'm finally Alpha!

Anyway, I'm not sure if I noticed that Watchmen reference or not.
    As for Sabes' appearances, I got the feeling this series followed Speilberg's theory on Jaws: 'I'll make this movie, as long as I don't have to show the shark until the second half.'
    It was a horror, after all.

- Le Messor
    "Computers are unreliable, but humans are even more unreliable."