Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sabretooth LS

Default Sabretooth LS

Today's update on Comics Continuum includes preview images from the upcoming Sabretooth 5-part limited series.

They have three pages of art from issue number one - page three shows a great Sasquatch drawn by Bart Sears.

Also, near the bottom of the page, there's the cover to issue #3. It's a great painted image of Sas vs Sabretooth (artist unknown).

'later,

Mike

Thanks for the heads up, I took the liberty of linking to the Sabretooth #3 cover. Too good to leave.

Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I'm glad to see Sabe's return in his original incarnation, he's been changed so many times lately I can't keep up.

If the image above is from #3, then I'm a little confused. I knew Sas was slated to appear in the first two issues, but #3 also. That said, who cares, that image is worth buying the book alone.

I also agree about Sabretooth returning to somthing ressembling my first recollection of him from Iron Fist. I cannot figure why I sold Iron Fist #14 for silly money. Oh for the powers of Hindsight.

Oh the other image mvranas mentioned

Looks more like an orange Wendigo to me, but who am I to criticise. I can't tell which end of a pencil is the right one.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

The solicit for #3:

SABRETOOTH #3 (OF 5)
    Written by DANIEL WAY
    Penciled by BART SEARS
    Cover by PAOLO RIVERA
    PART 3 (OF 5)
    As Sasquatch embarks on a mission to capture or destroy Sabretooth, more mysterious
    questions are raised… Has Sabretooth slaughtered an entire town of innocent civilians?
    And if not, what mysterious agent has turned the desolate and isolated Isle Dupree into a
    graveyard?
    32 PGS./ MARVEL PSR …$2.99
    UPC: 5960605565-00311

Normally I steer clear of Sabretooth, he always reminds me of the bad guy equivelent of Wolvie, drag him in too draw a crowd. However, this is beginning to look like Walt is gonna get a load of panel time, so too cliche this to the hilt 'I'm all over this like a rash'
    Del

I normally steer clear of Bart Sears' work, but this looks to be slightly better than his other recent efforts to me....

I LOVE that PAOLO RIVERA cover for #3. The bart stuff looks okay, not great, not awful. The certainly could have made worst choices. It does indeed look like Sas is in for the whole series. This should add some much needed publicity to Alpha Flight!

Ben

I really like the cover, as well. However, I do have two peeves:

1. Sabes seems a bit too "happy to see" Walt.

2. Sasquatch looks a little Troll-like. Makes me think he should be living under a bridge, stealing babies.

-Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mvranas
    I really like the cover, as well. However, I do have two peeves:

1. Sabes seems a bit too "happy to see" Walt.

2. Sasquatch looks a little Troll-like. Makes me think he should be living under a bridge, stealing babies.

-Mike
    1. Give the man some privacy.
    2. I think the Sasquatch look is because his head is more defined from his traditional look with a uniform mat of hair from the top of his head and over his shoulders and back.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Newsarama speaks with Bart Sears about the upcoming series. Check out the article here.

Here's another teaser page featuring Sas:

-Mike

I picked up the first two issues of this and it's rather good and a little creepy.
    ....And just so I don't peeve anybody off....
    Spoilers...
    I think the Sabretooth is not the badguy of the story and the killer is a Wendigo. If it is the Wendigo.....Yay! I like the Wendigo stories(especially if AF...or a member of AF is involved somehow).

Dana

By golly, Dana, I think you might be right on that.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

So as not to give any spoilers. I agree that the killer is probably the Wendigo, although he is a bit of a standard baddy for whenever Wolvie or some other feral type visits Canada. Plus I think the hairy scarey figure we see at the end of #2, is probably Walt.

Gotta admit to liking this a lot, that joke about the U-Boat at the start of #1 had me laughing out loud and that slight subplot of how much Walt actually knows is nice extra.

Not sure about the rendition of Sas, but the covers more than make up for that.
    **SLIGHT SPOILER ALERT** Highlight above to read etc...
    Del

More spoilers....

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Plus I think the hairy scarey figure we see at the end of #2, is probably Walt.
    **SLIGHT SPOILER ALERT** Highlight above to read etc...
    Oh, it's a given that it's him....LOL

Dana