Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Late Comics

Well since in Canada at least here we get our comics a week behind the States I have not seen this issue yet I will get it on the weekend and read it. I was just going by what was said on here until I do get.
    Richard Vasseur

What???????

Since when have Canada got them a week late????

As long as I have been getting them they have. It might be all of Canada but where I live thats just the way it is.
    Richard Vasseur

and surely if you get them a week late you can't get #6 till next Wednesday, not this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    What???????

Since when have Canada got them a week late????
    It's a third world country don't ya know, well thought out posts by people would be so helpful, don't ya think?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

If it did just come out last wednesday than yes it will probably be next week and not this weekend. Its not always exactly a week though sometimes longer sometimes less. That was just an average time.
    Probably takes longer because they have to come across the border.
    Richard Vasseur

Quote Originally Posted by Richv1
    If it did just come out last wednesday than yes it will probably be next week and not this weekend. Its not always exactly a week though sometimes longer sometimes less. That was just an average time.
    Probably takes longer because they have to come across the border.
    Rich, this is something you should bring up with the comic store that you buy from. I am in Canada, and have never had this problem. I got AF #6 this past wednesday, same as those in the US.

Ben

Well what province are you in? Plus it is not really a problem if it comes out about week later I still get it. Plus I get a discount. And even if I could get it sooner at another store here which I can't I wouldn't change stores I've been with them for like 20 years. Through 3 owers. And they treat me well there.
    Richard Vasseur

Well what province are you in? Plus it is not really a problem if it comes out about week later I still get it. Plus I get a discount. And even if I could get it sooner at another store here which I can't I wouldn't change stores I've been with them for like 20 years. Through 3 owers. And they treat me well there.
    I'm in PEI. When I was living in N.S it was the same. I know that we have members in pretty much all provinces, and this is the first I've heard of it. I wouldn't suggest you go to an other shop. Loyalty is a big deal, and I totally understand and respect that. I was just suggesting you might ask them why it is that they get it so late.

Ben

Maybe its because of the border crossing I know that has delayed them before at customs. That is probably the reason. I have had lots of problems when I order things that come across the border. I'm sure that is why. Yes I remember now even the owner mentioning it to that comic shipments have been delayed because of customers.
    Richard Vasseur

Maybe its because of the border crossing I know that has delayed them before at customs. That is probably the reason. I have had lots of problems when I order things that come across the border. I'm sure that is why. Yes I remember now even the owner mentioning it to that comic shipments have been delayed because of customers.
    could be man, I dunno. It would just seem to me that something like that would effect more than one shop. Every Canadian shop would have to have the books coming accross the border...oh, it's all just silly curiosity on my part

Ben

For some reason my shops didn't even order ish #5, but 6 was here right on time. Two shops didn't order #5. I found that very strange. Didn't get a chance to talk to the owners yet though. oh well, C'est la vie.

D.

It doesn't effect just the one shop but all the shops in the city. But it really doesn't matter as long as I still get my comics.
    Richard Vasseur

I've never had any problems like Rich but I would like to point out that two or three weeks ago my comic store dd get their books a day or two late because of problems at the border.

One of the worse things I had happen was when a compnay sent me some comics for reviewing it was several trade paperbacks and the package was opened at customs at the border and 3 of the trade paperbacks went missing there. The 6 ordinary comics that were also with them were sent along to me but the envelope did list the other comics as being in it and the envelope it was easy to see had contained more comics. I was lucky the company resent them to me by Puralator. But around $ 70. worth of comics went missing at customs. If they had been kept because of our censorship laws they would have sent me a notice plus the fact the second time they were sent they made it through ok.
    I've had similar things happen with the post office located here to. I once had a subcription through the mail and every comic I received had been opened and read. Some had cigarette burns through them, all had been ripped or bent out of shape. A few were missing pieces of pages. One the cover had been lost on. All of the comics started out in good shape and in a plastic bag. But the plastic bag never made it to me unopened. I guess the post office employees like to read comics to.
    Richard Vasseur