Thread: Sophie, I'm dumb

Default Sophie, I'm dumb

So issue 6 was "Sophie's Choice" and it takes me two days to see the obvious.

The choice was whether to prevent the threat of the Plodex from arising ever again (complete genocide as far as they knew) or find another way and allow innocent children to find their own path, risking annhiliation for many species/worlds. Puck, Major Mapleleaf and Centenniel win out and Byrne AF has a solution about how to keep the Plodex from destroying Earth.

BTW I first thought that Centenniel was using his heat vision to mend the ship, I now realize he was burning in the maple leaf.

No wonder I like Alpha Flight, I get time to figure out the obvious before too long

Eagerly waiting 7 and 8, hope I have an easier time getting them than #6
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

If that was it, then the "Sophie's Choice" analogy wasn't the best one, although I find it preferable than if Scott Lobdell had advertised it as abortion controversy, like the Hulk issue with the cover blurb "this will make you angry."
    Scott handled the topic very well, IMHO.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Did you pick up on a possible abortion theme too?

I posted this somewhere else and I'm surprised nobody else has commented on it!

Indirectly, and possibly a larger issue. Maybe a cross between the moral stories of abortion and going back in time to kill Hitler's grandfather?
    It's possible no one wanted to mention the abortion angle to avoid a can of political worms.
    Check you PM.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

I wonder, though, if Scott intended for there to be an abortion theme at all, subtle or overt. Not to say that it's not present, but I just wonder if he intended it all along.