Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guess who's been bored :D (Dial Up Users Beware!)

Default Guess who's been bored :D (Dial Up Users Beware!)

I was going to comment on that excellent avatar elsewhere Phil, but you've given me the opportunity here. I need to know it's secrets. It's a long time since I've watched it, but are those images taken from 'Repo Man' or animated images from UXM #109. Either way, it goes beyond good.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Phil's avatar is taken from the "Repo Man" episode of the "X-Men" TV show. I would recognize it anywhere. Good going, Phil!

Thanks Sue, I really should watch that tape again. However, that said, it does have an uncanny (pun alert :P ) ressemblance to Macs first appearence in UXM #109. Only taken me seeing Phils avatar to notice that
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Wow, those are cool!

I've never seen that episonde of the cartoon!

Those images are terrific, Phil! Any chance of showing the Snowbird scenes form the same episode?

There's one up there, I'll sort some more next day I get spare(Weds probably).

Wait a second... AF made an appearance on that crappy X-Men saturday morning cartoon?

$20 to the first person who can put that on a disc for me to watch. Seriously

There's two episodes that I'm aware of 'Repo Man' which has AF going after Wolvie, most of the originals were in it. Puck soundd like his leotard was way too tight. There's also 'Slave Island' which featured Northstar and Aurora who were part of the mutant slaves on Genosha ? In that one neither had speaking parts I don't think.

And Phil, your a gent, as you can see, I've chosen
    Del

The AOA version of Wildchild also appeared in one, One Man's Worth (Part One) without words though.

verry cool stuff Phil! I'm assuming you did them from screen captures, that must have taken a while! Great job!

Ben

Default Alpha Flight Cartoon Appearances

In addition to the two X-Men TAS episodes Del mentioned (Repo Man & Slave Island), Alpha Flight made a very brief appearance in Child of Light, part 5 of the Phoenix Saga. Shaman, Northstar, Aurora and Snowbird were shown rescuing citizens of Athens, Greece from a tumbling pillar.

I seem to remember that Shaman also made an appearance in the Spider-Man cartoon. I believe there was some supernatural occurance and a number of mystic characters were shown 'feeling' it.

Does anyone remember this and have any details?

Thanks much,

Mike

Thanks to Mike and Phil for pointing out the AoA Wildchild and other AF appearences. I have Repo Man and Slave Island on VHS (Courtesy of Mick Bennet (Le Messor), with an excellent Aus advert in between )

As re the Spiderman appearence, totally clueless on that. However, I'm sure that some where on the Web there has to be an episode guide to both series. Gonna have to get a googling tomorrow.
    Del

Forgot one: Walt/Sasquatch was featured in an episode of the Hulk Animated Series titled: Man to Man, Beast to Beast.

Bruce Banner goes North in search of his former colleague who specializes in Gamma research. Bruce finds Walter Langkowski only to discover that he's been experimenting on himself.

Pretty good episode. It's partly based on the back-up feature in Alpha #11, even the bit where Walt hopes to never again require the use of his glasses.

Mike