Quote Originally Posted by Ben
No, this is NOT the same Alpha Flight as we all grew up with...but guess what? That Alpha Flight got Cancelled. The relaunches have been different to try and find a niche for AF. If all you want is to see the old style AF, and you aren't willing to accept the new book for what it is, and enjoy it for what it is, then go ahead and read your back issues over and over again. Personally, I'll take any AF over no AF. If you are a fan, you will do what you can to support the book, and express your opinions to Marvel if you are interested in having the style change. If there are enough people who express the same opinions, then it might change. Isn't that hope and positivity much better than blind negativity, and abandoning something that you you love?
Ben
Ben, I can see some logic in the points you made, but I do disagree with a few of them.

Yes...the original AF was cancelled...after 130 issues. Why should the book continue to be all-new, all different every time it is relaunched? Why do they keep trying to find a niche for it?.....It already HAS a niche, for heaven's sake!! I seem to recall many folks(including me) were angry that more of the original AF was not in Vol. 2, as well.....why didn't Marvel listen then? Why do they continue to experiment?

You may be able to just settle for any "Alpha Flight" rather than no AF, but I don't see it that way. If I were a fan, you say? I AM A FAN of Alpha Flight, not the punchline that Marvel is trying to turn them into. New characters don't bother me, but this series is ridiculous. I love new characters(heroes and villains)....I loved Talisman, when she was introduced, Purple Girl, Dream Queen....and many more....I even like Centennial and Mapleleaf Jr....the others, I don't care for(although they've not been developed much either).

I DO accept the new book for what it is....a comic written by a guy who is wasting time getting where he's going with the story, making fun of Canada, Canadian superheroes...and showing the original team to be a group who can't handle a ship(that's a lot older than 3000 years, Scott) they handled quite well, many years ago. Scott doesn't seem to have any respect fo AF.....why shuffle the originals off, while making another new team of goofballs for us to laugh at? I think I will write Marvel, though....you have a good point there.

Dana