Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Flight Heroclix

Default Alpha Flight Heroclix

http://www.comixfan.com/xfan/forums/...ad.php?t=29528

Marvel HeroClix: Mutant Mayhem mixes heroes and villains from different times, dimensions, and worlds across the Marvel universe. The set includes 97 characters, including the debuts of teams like the Reavers™, the Marauders™, and Alpha Flight™.

YAY, I've been hoping they'd do some alpha stuff for this game. I dont' play, but I'd sure like to get the AF pieces. Same as with the Marvel card game (along the lines of Magic) I read the entire list of cards to see if there was AF stuff. Not yet, but someday

Ben

Hi there, new user here. Big AF fan from Norway.

Just though I'd update anyone interested in AF's standing in the HeroCLix game from Wizkids.

These members are available as HeroClix figures as of now

From the Ultimates expansion:

Unique Vindicator (Heather)

From the Mutant Mayhem expansion:

Puck
    Snowbird (and limited edition figure named Narya)
    Northstar (and limited ed. figure named Jean-Paul Baubier)
    Sasquatch (and limited ed. figure named Dr.Walter Langowsky)

From the Armor Wars expansion:

Aurora (and limited ed. figure named Jeanne Marie Baubier)
    Diamond lil
    Marrina
    Shaman (and limited ed. figure named Talisman)

Limited edition figures are only available as prizes for winning or attending HeroClix Tournaments.

As you can see some are still missing. I am hoping for Guardian (James) in the next Marvel expansion (named Sinister) which should be available at the end of June.

I actually watched a Heroclix game earlier tonight at the LCS and can see where it would be fun playing. My problem is I would use no one but Alpha Flight to play it and thusly would probably be slaughtered if someone used a "Collective" figure against me.

It looked interesting but I'll stick watching the games.

Hi there PWalk, as a longtime HeroClix player and judge I have to say that it is absolutely possible to put together a tournament worthy Alpha Flight team.

Here is a 400 point variant I have used in several tournaments:

Veteran Puck with the "Haymaker" card
    Rookie Aurora with the "In contact with oracle" card
    Rookie Northstar with the "In contact with oracle" card
    Unique Vindicator with the "In contact with oracle" card
    Experienced Shaman with the "Brilliant Tactician" card
    and the "Alpha Flight" team ability card attached to all figures

The build total for this team is 399 points

The team attacks fast and hard, Northstar, Aurora and Vindicator carrying Shaman and Puck with them into battle, Shaman using his abilities to enhance the ability of his team-mates and using barriers to conceal them from enemy retaliation. The Baubier twins using their hypersonic speed to zip in and out from cover and smacking enemy figures. Vindicator keeps at range firing away and using her leadership to give you an additional action per round. Puck slowly creeps up to launch out and delivering a massive blow using his charge and the "haymaker" card. He also have the "combat reflexes" power deep in his dial to keep him relatively safe against retaliatory close combat attacks.

In the late game Shaman gains the "support" power which he can use to heal damaged team-mates of any damage they might have.

So yes, it is possible to play an "all Alpha Flight" team and winning tournament matches. In the last tournament the only team I really had problems with was a Justice League team, man that Batman is a badaxx .

Rune

Hey guys, been meaning to register for a while. Hey all.

Just wanted to share some good news. I was able to attend the heroclix regional championship in Minn in the fall and as a special guest, Prophus(Seth Johnson, lead designer of HC right now) dropped by as he was visiting with family.

I didn't have much time to talk to him but I was able to ask, since he had just put 5 new Alphans in the Armor Wars release, if we could still hope for some more.

Seth smiled and said 'Of course, I still have to make Guardian and Box'.

We talked a bit more and he said he wanted to fit them in the AW release but there just wasn't room.

So they are coming.

That's good to hear Doom's medic!

I really have my hopes up for a guardian in the next set, but I doubt it as the theme for the next HC expansion is villains (the set is called Sinister), including characters like Venom, Rhino, Electro, Wizard and Radioactive Man.

Good to know that Seth wants to put Box and Guardian in an upcoming marvel release though.

Rune

Is there a site you could point me to to read up on this? What Alphans are in the Armor Wars?

Sure I can do that, here are the links to each of the Alphans released so far by set(for compleatness sake)

Ultimates

Vindicator

Mutant Mayhem

Northstar

Puck

Sasquatch

Snowbird

Wild Child/Wildheart

Armour Wars

Aurora

Diamond Lil

Marrina

Shaman

Sun Fire

But if you're looking to look up rumors and such on heroclix HCRealms is probably your best bet. That's where I am usually, I'm the assitant Ed for a rolplaying campain over there.............I've made Alpha Flight(my squad) one of the most feared teams in our group..........just like they should be.

And the reason they all have the Avengers team ability is so they also can use the: Alpha Flight alternative team ability

Rune

Wow, this game is deeper than I thought. I have alot to read now. Thanks.

Hi

Just wanted to give you "Alpha Wavers" a Heroclix update.

The Next HC set "SuperNova" will be released in November, and will contain a REV of James named Guardian/Weapon Alpha/Vindicator.

There will also be a "limited edition" gold ring figure named James McDonald Hudson.

So now I'm just waiting for Wizkids to make Box, Talisman and a few other missing Alpha Flighters!

Rune

I know nothing about Heroclix, but over at the JBF They showed this. Would this be the Vindi from the 'SuperNova' set?

EDIT : Cancel the question, found this.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I only recently got into Heroclix and Horrorclix, but I decided to splurge a little and set myself up with a near-complete Alpha Flight line-up. I just snatched up a large number of figures over on evil-bay.

Here's what I got so far:

Aurora (R)
    Diamond Lil (REV)
    Guardian (RE)
    Marrina (RE)
    Northstar (V)
    Puck (EV)
    Sasquatch (E)
    Shaman (R)
    Snowbird (R)
    Vindicator (U)
    Wild Child (V)

I can't wait until all of these guys come in so that I can try putting together some team variations. I'm still extremely new to the game, so I don't have much in the way of cards to augment these guys, and I'll have to do some work figuring out which line-ups are legal for Constructed tournies. For open stuff though... , I'm psyched!

Any suggestions on team builds or cards for 200, 300 or 400 point builds?

I never got into heroclix, I saw the auction, and i've contimplated gettign them just to have a cool team stance but i never did.