Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: so i'm walking through a...

Default so i'm walking through a...

antique show. (for the misses not me!) and a vendor has a box of comics, .50 each. i leaf through and find marvel two in one #83 featuring the thing and sasquatch. i could have swore i had every alpha appearance ever, but i guess i didn't. now i have to see if i have #84. grrrrr.....

couple of hings.

1) sasquatch is admittedly stronger than the thing in the issue and is written that way, as a matter of fact sas hands the thing his lunch the whole time, with the thing not quitting.

2) is there a site anywhere that highlights all of alphas guest appearences?

not bad for 1/2 a buck.

This very site holds a pretty comprehensive list

awesome!

covers too.

not sure how i never saw this before.

great job!

Yup, I've been working on the cover gallery adding the appearences in lately. I must say that Mike Vranas and Phil have both been a great help. I have a stack more appearences to upload, but have been conentrating on the Fight For The Flight. Other than the cover gallery, there is a text list: http://www.alphaflight.net/articles/appearances.html

You are correct, this is a great appearence. This is one of my big arguments about how they powered Sasquatch down over the years

Ben

yea, it seemed odd. i don't remember him being this powerful in current issues, or even vol. 2.......heck actually in volume 1 also.

he seemed to get much more respect back then.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

http://www.chronologyproject.com/

This is called the "Marvel Chronology Project', and it tries to list every appearance of every Marvel character. While it doesn't do it by team, only individuals, I find it very useful; tho' it's not comprehensive.

Yes, it has Sas and all the major Alphans. tho' Aurora seems to be very complete, but falls short of Weapon X.

- Le Messor
    "Anything free is worth what you pay for it."

Hmm.. I can't actually find the link for the appearances list on the the home page...

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Hit 'Search the MCP', then type the name in the search place.

I tried Sasquatch, and...

Yawn, stupid slow connection! Stupid twenty windows open at once!

Well, when it works, you get a long list of strange letters and numbers. Open up the key, and you find the letters (and sometimes the numbers) are initials of series titles.

- Le Messor
    "Anything worth having is worth cheating for."
    - W.C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Hmm.. I can't actually find the link for the appearances list on the the home page...
    I believe it's in the articles section, just before the fanfic bit.

Appearences
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

1) sasquatch is admittedly stronger than the thing in the issue and is written that way, as a matter of fact sas hands the thing his lunch the whole time, with the thing not quitting.
    What?! He beats the Thing?!

The Thing has gone toe-to-toe with the Hulk, which Sasquatch has admitted is stronger than he.

I can't see Sasq. being that powerfull. I put Walter in the same level as Colussus.

If I remember right, there was an outcry in the 2-in-1 letters pages about Sasquatch veing stronger than Thing...or was that from Sas's fight with Super Skrull, because that INDICATED Sas was stronger. Sas gains height and mass in his transformations, so it would be reasonable that he would be stronger than Thing or Colossus (who being dead is strong in a much different way now as he decomposes).

I personally find it more objectionable to have Juggernaut be powered down to be on X-Men.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

When he first appeared 'The Thing' could lift/press 15 tons. This has grown over the years to the point that he's listed at around 85 tons lift/press. When the Super Skrull first appeared, he had been created to counter the FF power levels as they were then, so for Sas to beat the Super Skrull was no great thing, plus the Skrull had super leukaemia at the time.

During MTIO #83-84, the Things strength was still way below Sas's, for him to stay toe to toe with Sas as long as he did, points to experience more than strength. In his first appearence, Sas held a passenger jet plane against thrust and threw it against that thrust. If anything Sas has been powered down over the years, but I would still put him above Colossus who, the last time I looked was recorded at 70+ lift/press.

On that not I shall leave it and not mention armour or Austen at all.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

So the strongest Marvel characters are Hulk, Thor, Wonder Man, Thing, Sasquatch and Namor, with the Sha'ir Gladiator perhaps the strongest of them all?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Gladiator probably the strongest, but given that there have been two Hyperions in the 616 and they could both lift extraordinary amounts, then they should be in there. Re : Namor, I got the impression from somewhere that he could only lift around 50 tons out of water. Sas has been seriously downgraded, so I wouldn't lump him in that lot.

Another I'd mention is te Champion (one of the Elders of the Universe ) who fought most of Marvels heavy hitters to a standstill in MTIO annual #
    Del

Don't forget Hercules.