Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fight For The Flight - (was Name that campaign)

Default Name That Campaign

I've signed the petition and sent an e-mail to Marvel. Hopefully, this might help. Thank you, Ben, for creating the "Fight for the Flight" website. This gives us a chance to show our support, and perhaps to make a difference!

I'm on a fairly active comic discussion board, do you have a small banner I could stick in my sig?

Quote Originally Posted by jay042
    I'm on a fairly active comic discussion board, do you have a small banner I could stick in my sig?
    I can easily enough make you one. About what size are you thinking?

Ben

Seriously, I reckon that if you have a page/forum/email list of any kind that you regularly visit, that you can get the word out to at least one individual. Not a lot admittedly but that's one more person who is interested and may start getting the book themself.

Or if you have kids in the area or neices/nephews and you want to encourage them reading? I personally reckon comic books are a good start. I know parents cringe at the idea but hey? at least the kid is reading SOMETHING instead of going through life illiterate.
    Hell was full, so I came back.

Where outside comics would kids learn words like megolamaniac?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Well I posted a link to the voting at www.jazmaonline.com so maybe a few people will vote from there. [/img]
    Richard Vasseur

Ben, I've added a link to my Alpha Flight page using the image you've created. If you want to check it out, follow the AF link in my signature. I'm going to be adding a blurb to it before the site is done. As of right now, the site is still under construction...

Cheers,
    -Mystic
    Where are we going, and why are we in this hand-basket??

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic
    Ben, I've added a link to my Alpha Flight page using the image you've created. If you want to check it out, follow the AF link in my signature. I'm going to be adding a blurb to it before the site is done. As of right now, the site is still under construction...

Cheers,
    -Mystic
    Super! I've added yer site to the list of supporters. Thanks!

BTW, love the new layout!

Ben

My plan is to keep pestering them to add Alpha Flight to their Subscriptions list! Hell how can they expect their new titles to take off if you can't even order it for home delivery from their site or the back of any of their products. I've seen the X-titles and Spidey recently for as low as $13.50 a year. Gotta ask yourself if it's a ploy to inflate the numbers on those titles. I know a lot of folks are getting tired of the dribble they get in those tietle now. If Alpha were offered at those rates I'd get a subscription for all of my nieces and nephews. I'd even do it at the cover price, but they don't offer it! It's a conspiracy I tell ya! And I'm gonna bug them until they fix it! Fight for the Flight! Fight for the Flight! Fight for the Flight! <puts down pom poms and exits stage left>

Barny!

The fact is, just buying a second copy from a speciality store won't help.

We need to order mulitple copies, in advance, through the Marvel/Diamond previews system, which your retailer uses. The more customer orders they have the better, rather than just buying loose shop stock copies.

Well, in theory it would make a diff though. If the stock in a store on a book runs out, they can order more, and they will also be more likely to order a greater number the next time around. Can individuals order directlly from diamond? It would certainly help as Tom says if Marvel had AF on thier subscription list.

Also buy giving a copy to a friend, you are potentially making a new fan to buy more books down the road. If they come to care enough about the book, they will do the same. it's a chain reaction

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    The fact is, just buying a second copy from a speciality store won't help.

We need to order mulitple copies, in advance, through the Marvel/Diamond previews system, which your retailer uses. The more customer orders they have the better, rather than just buying loose shop stock copies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Well, in theory it would make a diff though. If the stock in a store on a book runs out, they can order more, and they will also be more likely to order a greater number the next time around.
    Yeah, but with only 4 more issues to be solicited (before 12, the possible final issue), and a 3 month advance; by the time #6's sales figures have come in retailers will be ordering for #10.

If retailers dont see that their stock is increasing untill issue 8 has sold, then it could well be too late.

We need high orders NOW.

Pre-ordering is the answer.

How do you mean pre-ordering? I looked on the Diamond site and couldn't find any place to do it from there. Or do you mean to pre-oder from a comic shop? Or from an online store?

Ben

Either a comic store, or an online store.

Most comic stores will have a customer reservation service, with a pull list that you can add titles to.

In most cases you'll get a folder number or something, and they'll reserve your comics for you each month, rather than you just pulling them off the shelf.

These customer orders are usually added on top of the casual shelf orders, so the more people have standing orders the better.

Plus this way you'll never miss an issue.

heh, I got you now, and that's exactly what I do...at 2 comic shops

Ben