Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fight For The Flight - (was Name that campaign)

Default Fight For The Flight - (was Name that campaign)

In light of dropping sales, I'm endeavoring to start a new mini-site focused on a campaign to keep Alpha Flight out from under the Axe of Marvel. I will be looking to get as much publicity for the site as I can, and will need everyone's help on that. If you write articles for an other site, plug it. If you have your own site, link to it. People are talking AF on a board you visit, or a mailing list you are part of, talk about it.

That being said, I need to name this campaign. Any suggestions?

Ben

Fight for the Flight!

I mod a site with over 40,000 active users. I think I can use my influence there to generate some activity.

Quote Originally Posted by PWalk
    Fight for the Flight!

I mod a site with over 40,000 active users. I think I can use my influence there to generate some activity.
    oooo I like that suggestion! It's a definate possiblity. Much better than anything I was able to come up with on the spot!

Ben

I'm not so good at naming usually. "Fight for the Flight" is good.

But just to give out ideas to spur people to outdo me:

Awesome Flight

Don't X the Flight

Flight Savers
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Operation: Wolverine, Save Us!

"Fight for the Flight" sounds good. Although I suggest the dropping of 'the' so it would become:

FIGHT FOR FLIGHT

I dunno...whatever works.

-Mystic
    Where are we going, and why are we in this hand-basket??

I like "Fight For The Flight". I belong to lots of websites.
    Richard Vasseur

Default Name That Campaign

"Fight for the Flight" sounds excellent. I'd definitely go for it!

Hope this campaign works. I'd hate to see Alpha cancelled a third time.

looks like Fight for the Flight is unanonmous then. I definitely like the sound of it and plan to do so with this next issue.

I'm heading out of town next weekend to a mate's place so I may as well get two of them!
    Hell was full, so I came back.

Quote Originally Posted by ladymako71
    looks like Fight for the Flight is unanonmous then. I definitely like the sound of it and plan to do so with this next issue.

I'm heading out of town next weekend to a mate's place so I may as well get two of them!
    That's the spirit! I know who I'm gonna give one to this week, my buddy that I used to trade books with when we were little. One night last year we got all drunked up and I explained the entire history of AF to him, I can get him hooked no problem

Ben

not that it's relative but have you dropped scott a e-mail to see hwat his suggestions may be to save it before it's to late?

Fight for the Flight it is. The page should be up tonight. Most of the graphic work is done, and I've got the layout figured out. It's just a matter of finishing the content and uploading.

Good idea Varo, I'll be sure to send both him and Clayton the addy when it's up.

Ben

The best way to make sure Alpha Flight doesn't get cancelled is to increase its sales. Buying an extra copy for someone you know that might like it is a great idea. I know a 10 yr old boy that loves comics but can't afford them. I've given him a few so I can give him an Alpha Flight as well as getting my own.
    Richard Vasseur

Ok folks, I seem to have the bulk of the work done. Please visit: http://save.alphaflight.net/ and do everything you can to spread the word.

If you have any suggestions, or if you see any problems, let me know. I ended up playing with php a bit for this, and I haven't done so in a while, so I may have missed a few things

I wanna see you all sign the petition, and I want any one with sites to put a link banner up, and give me your URL when you do so I can add it to the support list.

Ben

done done done and done!

I may just have a little live journal for a webpage, but it's viewed by 63 mates, so they can spread the word too! I know some of them are hardcore comic nuts like me and hate to see when a fave title disappears.
    Hell was full, so I came back.