Thread: Artistic License : Alpha Flight

Default Artistic License : Alpha Flight

I found this website about a year ago, thought you all might get a kick out of it.

http://www.collectortimes.com/2001_03/License.html

MM :P

I like his take on Puck's costume.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

I'm digging it! Brings back the memories of Saturday morning cartoons.

The only one I didn't like was his interpretation of the Box armor.

Well, someone with some Flash now-how and a little artistic talent could pull off a Super-Friends style cartoon might be able to pull it off....

Hmmm.....

Quote Originally Posted by PWalk
    I'm digging it! Brings back the memories of Saturday morning cartoons.

The only one I didn't like was his interpretation of the Box armor.
    I mostly agree, Although I think I prefer the long haired Aurora with the black suit.

Default Re: Artistic License : Alpha Flight

Quote Originally Posted by maniac mike
    I found this website about a year ago, thought you all might get a kick out of it.

http://www.collectortimes.com/2001_03/License.html

MM :P
    I've followed this column for a few years now, usually checking it monthly to see what characters get the overhaul treatment. I was actually the 'reader' who e-mailed Joe about doing a column on Alpha Flight, hoping to generate some outside interest.

I was a little disappointed when he decided to venture off the normal path by doing a reinterpretation in the "animated" style instead of redesigning costumes. However, I have to admit that he was probably correct when he stated that most of the original costumes had: "few areas where improvement was necessary."

Did enjoy his Puck, though. I like how he expanded the "P" further. And, how could you not like his little booties?

Mike

Yeah, I remember this from when Mike posted it on the list.

I liked it then, and I like it now