Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looks like AF #6 is delayed :(

Default Looks like AF #6 is delayed :(

Well, Phil and I were anxiously wating for the Mile High 4 page previews to be put up...and well...all the images for the other marvel titles were uploaded, but no AF! So Phil checked the Diamond shipping list, and AF isn't on it

http://www.diamondcomics.com/shippin...ted_080404.txt

We figure perhaps Clayton was late with his pencils, so it's a week behind, and that would explain why David Ross is doing the next 2 issues, for Clay to catch up. *sigh* now we gotta wait a whole extra week!!!

Ben

Default Re: Looks like AF #6 is delayed :(

Maybe yes, maybe no. I went to milehigh and saw only last week's list up on first looks. No Exiles #50, Uncanny X-Men, Thor, etc., not just AF. And Diamond lists are tentative. A couple of other comics are missing from their lists that were due August 4 (X-Force was one, I forget the other). When milehigh has August 4 first looks up maybe that'll tell us for sure.

After all, first looks for AF #5 were what, 2 days late? Or was it three? I know they weren't up July 2 or 3 like they were supposed to be.

Maybe AF #6 will be on time. Maybe ask Clayton or Scott, if possible.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Hi Mokole, welcome to the forum!

I was actually looking in this week's image dir. at Mile High:

http://www.milehighcomics.com/firstlook/080404/images/

all the marvel stuff got uploaded, but no AF.

As for #5, I'm not sure what happened, as it was late in some places, and not in others. One of my local shops had it on time, and 2 blocks down the street, an other shop didn't get it until the following wednesday.

Ben

I know comic shipping in July was just off for Diamond as a whole. Two of the trucks I work on at UPS were getting shipments from them on odd days like fridays, I even saw a saturday air one from them, so it's safe to say the month as a whole was off. It just depended on where your shop was on their order list I guess.
    Hell was full, so I came back.

My shop (W1ldtime Comics, North Attleboro Massachusetts) gets a preview copy of all the next week's books, and the owner is great about having them on display for a thumb thru.
    No Alpha #6 in this week's stack for next week.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Just on my way out the door so haven't had chance to recheck this, but looking at Marvels site last week, I'm sure I saw Alpha slated for August 8th and not the 4th, probably why no preview yet.

If any one would care to check, I'm on the way out the door.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I went to marvel.com, AF is listed as coming out August 4, 2004. I guess it's wait and see time, most evidence now points to an August 11th release.

Live it.

It's always the concludding chapter isn't it?

Oh well, Henry's pencils are worth it.

What I don't get is how all these writers and artists now get away with being late all the time(isn't that Kevin Smith fellow consistantly late?). They would have probably been fired in the old days(my old days, anyway...the seventies/eighties). Don't get me wrong...I really like the artwork in AF, but deadlines used to mean something in the comics biz.

Dana

Because Spawn crushed Marvel comic in sales. Because the Image creators wanted the freedom to be actual artists. The catch 22 is this. To provide great art, it is very difficult to do an issue in 30 days. And if you sacrifice art for deadlines, the book simply can't compete. A book with 70's/80's style art nowadays would collect dust on the shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    I went to marvel.com, AF is listed as coming out August 4, 2004. I guess it's wait and see time, most evidence now points to an August 11th release.
    ooo! day early b-day pressie if it comes out on the 11th! I finally got #5 which I preordered from Sasquatch comics in PEI yesterday. It'd been held up somewhere along the lines, and going by other packages and stuff I know of going between the US and Can I have my suspitions... ¬_¬

Diamond has lables on it's boxes when they ship so I can get a squizz and see if AF #6 is on the order form when it comes through work on tuesday/wednesday I'll let you know either way when I see the comic shop on my route get loaded whether AF 6 is on it or not.
    Hell was full, so I came back.

I agree with Nalyd; Clayton's pencils are worth it.

Geez people, it's ONE week....

It's not like it's 3 months or something of Kevin Smith proportions late

Well, I guess only one week late. Diamond comics has it shipping for the 11th. I checked http://www.diamondcomics.com/shippin...ted_081104.txt to make sure. We should see milehigh's first looks Wednesday p.m., likely.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Geez people, it's ONE week....

It's not like it's 3 months or something of Kevin Smith proportions late
    Still a pisser.