Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Q&A with Duncan Rouleau

Default Q&A with Duncan Rouleau

Folks, please join me in welcoming Duncan Rouleau to the forum. He has been good enough to agree to a Q&A with us. Lets stick to the method of no more than 2 questions per person at a time.

As you know Duncan was the artist and co-writer of Alpha Flight Vol. 2 from issue #12 on. Duncan know what was planned for the book before it was axed, and I'm sure can answer you questions about the cancellation it's self.

Ben

Welcome aboard!

I gotta know, can you give us a quick preview of what might have been story wise for Vol. 2?

Hola, Duncan! I have to say, it was your art that really got me into Alpha Flight's second series, because your X-Factor work was equally awesome.

I'll mirror that first question: is there anything you can tell us about the second AF series that was planned before it got the axe?

Hey there!
    Thanks for taking the time out for us

How come Marvel didn't use your cover for #18?

(Duncan's unpublished cover)
    (Rick Leonardi's published cover)

*props to Mike for the correction*

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Hey there!

(Paul Smith's published cover)

Now for my questions (the first question do not count), When you arrived in AF vol2 there was a new dynamism in the serie, did you imput more than just the drawing in arriving in AF or did you help Seagle with ideas or characters motivation (like how Murmur could be so lame and speak like that.....(censored).....)

With a last name like Rouleau, do you know french or the french ancestry is too far away?

Sylvie

Hey Duncan! Nice of you to take some time to answer questions for we insane fans out there of Alpha Flight.

I guess my big question is - did you know what the origin was for the kids in Volume 2? Were you privy to who their "parents" were?

Hi Duncan
    Would you work on an arc of Volume 3 if the powers that be asked?
    What Marvel characters would you most like the chance to work with?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

HI Duncan,

I'll Stray from the Alpha Flight for a second here and ask if that little thing you were doing through Image ever got finished or ever will?

By the way i loved your Brass Bishop stuff .

Quote Originally Posted by PWalk
    Welcome aboard!

I gotta know, can you give us a quick preview of what might have been story wise for Vol. 2?
    Well, The Mac found up in the pole by Sasquatch was...a clone, but guess what...so was the younger Mac. It was going to turn out that the real Mac was...Gentry.

Plus

We had a big conflict with Hate Monger and reveal what the "H" in Department H meant, at least in the lower levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Mapleleaf Jr
    Hola, Duncan! I have to say, it was your art that really got me into Alpha Flight's second series, because your X-Factor work was equally awesome.

I'll mirror that first question: is there anything you can tell us about the second AF series that was planned before it got the axe?
    Thanks - I'll be doing a little Spidey later this year. Keep yer eyes peeled.

I'm trying to think what other elements other than those two I just replied to that might be of inntrest. Oh, we were going to have a big Shaman story line that was going to bring the Brass Bishop back into play.

Hey there!

I have that cover finished. I'll talk to Ben about how best to post it here. Why? I don't know, you'd have to ask Jay. I truly, to this day, consider it to be up there with my best work.

(Rick Leonardi's published cover)

*props to Mike for the correction*

Quote Originally Posted by syvalois
    Hey there!

By the by, the art you have there is not the cover. That was just a promo piece. The cover is much cooler.

(Paul Smith's published cover)

Now for my questions (the first question do not count), When you arrived in AF vol2 there was a new dynamism in the serie, did you imput more than just the drawing in arriving in AF or did you help Seagle with ideas or characters motivation (like how Murmur could be so lame and speak like that.....(censored).....)

I did help with the writing. I co-wrote, for the most part, all the plots with Steve and he did the dialogue. Brass Bishop, Big Hero Six, Floor 13, Weapon X, the Second Mac....all those.

With a last name like Rouleau, do you know french or the french ancestry is too far away?

Qui. My Father was born in Quebec before his family moved to Chicago.

Sylvie

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab
    Hey Duncan! Nice of you to take some time to answer questions for we insane fans out there of Alpha Flight.

I guess my big question is - did you know what the origin was for the kids in Volume 2? Were you privy to who their "parents" were?
    Murmur's daddy's genetic samples ( all were part of the Weapon X program) were... Purple. Killgrave The Purple Man I believe was his full name!

Radius and Flex shared a mom but their Dad's genetic material came from two very different Dad's.

Radius was Unice the Untouchable.

I wanted Radius to have to have his food broken down to a submolecular level and feed directly- through his shield- into his skin. I also didn't want that to be his real face, since the shield was impenetrable light couldn't pass through it. That beautiful mug of his was all a lie.

For Flex...his Daddy...well, lets just say snikt.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    Hi Duncan
    Would you work on an arc of Volume 3 if the powers that be asked?
    What Marvel characters would you most like the chance to work with?
    Oddly enough, Scott and i are talking about working on something. I don't think it would be Alpha Flight. That was Steve and I.

I am going to be doinng some Spidey later this year.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck
    HI Duncan,

I'll Stray from the Alpha Flight for a second here and ask if that little thing you were doing through Image ever got finished or ever will?

By the way i loved your Brass Bishop stuff .
    The final issues of M. Rex ARE Ccoming out later next year in a complete compilated volume.

Also look for my first Graphic Novel The Nightmarist, all 96 pages drawn and written by moi comiing out at the beginning of next year. Plus Picture deal with Paramount coming behind it.

Thanks, to this day the Brass Bish was always my favorite.