Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Q&A with Duncan Rouleau

Hello Duncan, thanks for taking the time to do this, one thing that I noticed, your AF work was (to my mind anyways) totally different to the stuff you did on M-Rex. Was this a concious thing or did the premise of the stories dictate a different style?

Secondly, though loathe to admit it, I was never totally enamoured of the work you did on AF, I found the Puck moustache very off putting and probably made a big song and dance about it when you came aboard after Scott Clarkes work. How much of what you do is influenced by the Manga style we see nowadays in Tokyopop books and how much was it a case of you trying to find a style that was unique to yourself while not ignoring influences?

Thanks again for your time.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

(Duncan's unpublished cover)

Hey I liked that cover so much I made a tshirt out of it!!! Pretty faded now but still wear it biking to work. Now every once in a while Alpha Flight walks through the front door of Statistics Canada (albeit on my chest).

Welcome to Alpha Wave Tanaraq! That would make a great shirt indeed, do you have a pic of the shirt anywhere?

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Rouleau

The final issues of M. Rex ARE Ccoming out later next year in a complete compilated volume.
    Great to hear Duncan. After M.Rex disapeared my old website (M.Rex.Net) kind of dropped from my mind but it's still up on my web server at http://members.rogers.com/wrmb/mrexnet .
    I loved M.Rex back in the day and still look back on it fondly. Can't wait to see how it ends. I've still got a signed poster from you and Joe up on my wall as well as the stock 'Blueprint Edition' cover I got from Avalon Studios after making the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Rouleau
    Also look for my first Graphic Novel The Nightmarist, all 96 pages drawn and written by moi comiing out at the beginning of next year. Plus Picture deal with Paramount coming behind it.
    Just checked this out on your site Man of Action http://www.manofaction.tv . Can't wait to see it!

Wesley Benjamin

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Welcome to Alpha Wave Tanaraq! That would make a great shirt indeed, do you have a pic of the shirt anywhere?

Ben
    Whipped out the digicam and snapped a quick shot. The print looks a bit darker in the pictures than it actually appears. Just used a simple iron on transfer which I printed on my computer. Had a better quality copy of the image than the one that's been posted in this forum though. I've printed a few other shirts with random things and this one actually turned out the best.

Wesley

Heh, as soon as I saw about the M-Rex site, I knew it was Wes.

Hi mate

Hi Duncan I've got two questions for ya...

1) Did you and Scott have any more plans for Chinook?

2) What plans did you guys have for Flinch and Ouija, (powers, costumes, etc.)?

Thanks,

MM

I'd just like to give a big hello to Rich Johnston while we're here

Pardon my ignorance, but who's Rich Johnson?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Rich Johnson is a British columnist who writes solely about comics, he has two on-line columns that get a lot of hits and is known to almost every professional who writes, draws, edits or is in management at a comics co. Waiting For Tommy is mainly given to interviews now and Lying in The Gutters is a rumour column at CBR. He is also a writer and produces on-line comics from Twist&Shout comics (his own co-owned company). He also recently had 'Holed Up' (a three part sattirical look at American gun culture) published from Avatar comics.

He can be seen at most cons and his Lying in The Gutters is the column I look too every Monday to find out who's doing what. He was the gent who let us know that Scott and Clayton would be doing AF before the actual Marvel released news.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Hi Duncan. Someone already asked one of my questions (Flinch's powers) but I still get two, right?

Why was Weapon X made a New Zealender and not someone who already had something going for them (say Feedback)?

Was the Beta Project about the Legacies, synthoids, Weapon X, or something else?
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Hey Duncan thanks for taking the time to talk with us. I hope you don't mind if I get right to the questions.

1. Was there a story planned to rescue Madison Jefferies from The Zodiac?

2. If you had the series to do all over again what (if anything) would you change?