Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Northstar news from SDCC

Quote Originally Posted by syvalois
    N & C ??? What does that mean?
    Nunzio and Christina; the writers of New X-Men (Academy X)

I doubt very much that Northstar's terrorist activities are even a matter of public record. Even if the X-Men are aware of them, and I doubt that they are, it's even more unlikely that Jean-Paul or any other X-Man in the know would talk to children about it.

plus, with that event now well into the past, it's hard to maintain that part of his backstory without drawing attention to continuity.

kozzi24 wrote:
    I'd rather see a young student (either gender) question his role as a former terrorist.
    I like this idea; it plays into very current issues.

In the last couple months there have been reports of pro-FLQ youth gangs with pipe-bombs causing vandalism.

Perhaps he could be put in charge of a similar group as part of their "community service" punishment.

Or perhaps the Jewish school fire-bombing and the vandalism at synagogs could be touched on too?

FYI: The published FLQ manifesto was very anti-gay; would JP have felt welcome in such an organization?

There's something to explore.

hmmm? interesting. Actually very interesting because I live in the heart of 'Gayville USA, also known as San Francisco. And there are countless stories floating around here of gays who either desperately wanted to join the military, or did and got found out, or did and had a very rough time avoiding being found out. They could touch on that possibly?
    Hell was full, so I came back.