Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X(-Force) Gonna Give It To Ya ;)

Great cover How many muscles can one super hero have? Even the horse on page one looks like it's on friggin steroids.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I thought it was a cover from the 1st X-Force serie

Bleh, typical Liefeld crap art. If I had the talent that guy has I'd draw 56,000 les muscles per frame and draw a hand that actually looks like a stinking hand.

I'll pass, the story read like I was watching a bad kung fu movie from the 70's. Typical Fabian writing crap I guess as well.

I have no real problem with FabNics writing, his Warriors, Af etc is well worth the read, but I honestly couldn't get past page six of the preview. Any other artist then maybe, but it was hurting my eyes. I had the original series of X-Force upto #71, but then Francis Moore hacked me of and I shipped the lot to a friend in Chicago. I'm not even gonna spend money on this one.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

This is the first Marvel Comic I remember seeing where the artist and not the writer got first billing. There was a time when I liked Liefeld, with his early New Mutants and Hawk & Dove. It;s been a while since I looked at any of that, but I did recently reread (skin, more accurately) X-Force 9 - 14 or so, and thought the art--and story with the X-Ternals--was really bad, and that the issues were almost unreadable.
    This preview is another case where they saved me $3.00 in picking up the first issue.
    Shatterstar was the worst thing in the old X-Force, so an issue revolving mostly arounf him does nothing for my give-it-a-chance spending.
    I really like Nicienza and almost everything he's done. Any coincidence the things I haven't liked all had the same artists' name on it? No.

Hey Del, what did JMM do to piss you off? I thought he turned the book around. His run was what I liked best aside #25.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Oy Vey...and here I was actually looking forward to this title. The story is kinda bad and the art is horrendous. Even having Domino in it (one of my favorite characters) isn't worth it. Well, it's good to know that I don't need to waste 3+ dollars now.

-Mystic
    Where are we going, and why are we in this hand-basket??

Hey Del, what did JMM do to piss you off? I thought he turned the book around. His run was what I liked best aside #25.

Yeah what wrong with Moore run? Except the end iof course. It was on his run that Adam Pollina was drawing right? and Chen ? I don't remember the next artist after Polina but I really like it.

....... well there's a few bucks saved.

never liked Liefeld's work and am not particularly thirlled with the preview either.
    Hell was full, so I came back.

X-Force and Liefeld are designed for 13 year old boys, Sadly, not many of them read comics any more, so what the market?

Quote Originally Posted by syvalois

Yeah what wrong with Moore run? Except the end iof course. It was on his run that Adam Pollina was drawing right? and Chen ? I don't remember the next artist after Polina but I really like it.
    My main problem from JFM stemmed from a statement he had Syrin make in an issue. I can't remember it verbatim, but it was somthing along the lines of "If you had lived under the jackboot of British soldiers etc". It was a direct reference to Ulster and what was going on before the Good Friday agreement. Firstly as far as I know Banshee's family stead was in Southern Ireland which hasn't seen British troops since 1923. Secondly the British troops in Ulster originally went there to protect the Catholics from sectarian violence, not as an occupying force.

If he had known anything about the history of the troubles, he would have realised that the troubles had been ongoing from the late 1700's 'Wolf Tone and his Nightriders'. Yeah the British government had done ****ty stuff there, during the potatoe famine and upto the Easter uprising. There was too much history and too much occuring at the time to glibbly dismiss what was occuring as nothing more than some kind of colonial occupation.

To my mind it was shoddy writing, denergrating young lads who were doing a difficult job in dangerous circumstances. Moore did all that as a sound bite to try and give a character some kind of depth. Maybe it was just me being over sensitive, but it hacked me off to the degree that I shipped the whole lot away. Oh and there was also the fact that Pollinas art and the colouring had me reaching for a barf bag after every issue.
    Del

Oh, that could have been much worse. Imagine if Ann Soapbox-per-issue Nocenti had been writing an Irish character like Siryn.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

I loathe X-Force. Liefeld destroyed the New Mutants, via his unholy avatar, Cable. I hope this series goes down in flames. And I hope Cable dies so that the others can live. I'd rather see Proudstar and the rest stuck in X-Corp limbo than form a new X-Force. How droll.

How'd I guess you'd love it so much? :P