Poll: Scott Lobdell warned of a Sophie's choice decision for the team. (By that reference, someone would

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Sophie's Choice is upon us!

Default Sophie's Choice is upon us!

I figure the Puck/Puck exchange is most obvious because of the shared name.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

This is the first I'm hearing of this. I don't know if I could choose anyone but if I had to Centennial would get my vote. He's my favorite new character but if there was a way for him to go down in a blaze of glory so that the others survive so be it. So long Rutherford.

I'm with PWalk on this. I can't see any old member going (unless it's Earthmover, or whatever he's called), Nemesis and Yukon Jack have both shown they would take a lot to kill. I can't see Scott introducing Puck 2 just to off her and MMJ has too much depth and character already to lose so quickly. Centenial is close to 100 years old, he's lived his life, more so since Sas awoke his powers. That would suggest to me that he would grab a chance to sacrifice himself to save another.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

You can already see the concern he has for Nemesis in the last book. It'd be a shame to lose the old fart but let's see him fall to 10,000 plodex. Giving it his all in one final brewhaha.

Even though Scott has said that Mac will remain alive, I say off him. Like he'd stay dead, anyway.

I can't really remember what the whole Sophie's Choice thing was now - something to do with Meryl Streep or something .

I'd rather not see anyone die - it's just too obvious and I don't think that the book is really that obvious.

None of the above.

But I'd say MML would be moral enough, so it involves him.

I think Yukon Jack might have something to do with it. I'm taking the pics of him with his own knife in his chest as foreshadowing.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    I think Yukon Jack might have something to do with it. I'm taking the pics of him with his own knife in his chest as foreshadowing.

Ben
    I took that to mean that unless your gonna stick a landmine up his loin cloth, he's fairly indestructable.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I kinda got that impression, too, Ben. The picture of YK with the knife in his chest, and then the one-panel shot on him on the ground bleeding and looking rather weary when the Major asked him for his origin story were one of two things to me: foreshadowing, or YK reflecting on a rather traumatic event in his past. Something he doesn't care to discuss, especially with outsiders/mortals/what-not.

I think it will involve old AF and that Plodex Boy. It could be the new team having to leave old AF behind to stop the Plodex, or kill Plodex boy to end the Plodex threat once and for all, or leave Earthmover behind as someone as to keep the mytical portal closed into which the Plodex were sent.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

I think it might be old team for new team. If they are only having one team when something has to be done with the originals.
    Richard Vasseur