Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marrina pic - where is it from?

Default Marrina pic - where is it from?

Hi gang,

C'est moi - the some time lurking Seng. I'm sorry to say that I have not picked up a single issue of the new AF yet ... but have much enjoyed reading your posts and issue summaries here. However, what has caught my eye is the nifty pic of Marrina in the top banner. Is she back amongst the living (not that she was ever dead... I think)? If she is, then I've got to say that I like the outfit. Much better than that scaly green one-piece that Byrne designed for her.

By the way, is Puck (the original, not 'G-string Gal') still drawn with that horrible handlebar mustache, or has Henry reverted to drawing him with a beard?

Ciao for now.

Seng

I just think Henry draw her with too much breast :P And I don't like the eyes, I don't know why, I just think they draw too much attention. I think with Byrne they were less imposing somehow or it's the coloring?

Hiya Seng, long time no hear. The pic of Marrina is from a recap story Sas was telling. As of yet she hasn't returned, not sure if she's gonna. Regarding Puck and his moustache, Clayton Henry draws him more in a traditional way and the Vol 2 circus guy look is long gone.

Anyways, nip in now and again and have a natter. If you don't have any issues, then could I suggest the TPB out in Nov/Dec, it covers the whole first arc.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Default Marrina

I've just read Ben's review of #5 and it looks like who I thought was Marrina (with a new cossie and hair style) is actually just a Plodex kid. Hopefully, things will be explained in #6.

By the way, how much do comics cost these days? I haven't collected them for years, but given the Aussie dollar to US dollar conversion, I doubt that they're cheap anymore.

Seng (who can remember buying Alpha Flight #18 for AUD$1.75).

And I don't like the eyes, I don't know why
    I think a manga-influenced style.. I really don't like Manga, but Clayton's work has been tradional enough that I haven't been put off by it.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Default Re: Marrina

Hey Seng! Welcome to the world of the posting All your questions were well answered by others, I just wanna toss in my opinion. I think we will see Marrina back in the land of the living, though maybe not as a member of AF (The have enough of those just now) But those 10,000 eggs had to come from somewhere eh? I think the Plodex ship found her, and used her to breed a new stock of eggs, since the others all got busted up in the crash.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by sengsterooney
    I've just read Ben's review of #5 and it looks like who I thought was Marrina (with a new cossie and hair style) is actually just a Plodex kid. Hopefully, things will be explained in #6.

By the way, how much do comics cost these days? I haven't collected them for years, but given the Aussie dollar to US dollar conversion, I doubt that they're cheap anymore.

Seng (who can remember buying Alpha Flight #18 for AUD$1.75).

I've just read Ben's review of #5 and it looks like who I thought was Marrina (with a new cossie and hair style) is actually just a Plodex kid. Hopefully, things will be explained in #6
    The one on the left faded in the bg is Marrina, the one in the middle up front isn't.

$2.99 US for AF...
    2.99 USD = 4.078644 AUD.

Although US - CAN converts to 3.91 and they charge us $4.25...

So take that for what it's worth.

Oh and good to see ya mate!!!! (And of course you have to pick up issue 5... it's a collector's item :P)
    Swifty
    aka Tyvin on FFXI server Seraph.
    If I'm not at work or on MSN... I'm in Vana'Diel

Well I hope one way or another Marrina does make a come back. Having her and Snowbird rejoin the team would be great we need more females on it. A 50/50 ratio would be nice to see insteed of a male dominated team as usually happens.
    Richard Vasseur

As of issue #51, didn't AF have more females?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Let's see... there was Heather, Kara, Aurora (I think), Talisman... and Wanda, if s/he counts.. If memory serves.

Yes but right now they do not have as many females to males.
    Sasquatch Puck
    Yukon Jack Nemesis
    Major Maple Leaf
    Centennial
    The guys outnumber the gals.
    Richard Vasseur

That's the standard with most teams though.

That's why I love it when Claremont gets his hands on a team. He loooooooves his girls. There were 3 out of 13 males on the final X-Treme line-up, and there were only four males at most on the original New Mutants. Ah, the glory days.

I know most teams have more males than females. That is why someone should try doing it differently. Look at the JLA they have Wonder Woman and all the rest are males. The Avangers and X-Men are the same just not as bad. Actually the new Doom Patrol is pretty good for their ratio of males and females.
    If Marinna and Snowbird were added that would even things up nicely.
    Richard Vasseur