Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: October Solicits *Updated with #8 Preview Image - Jul 22*

Default October Solicits *Updated with #8 Preview Image - Jul 22*

SABRETOOTH #1 & #2 (OF 5)
    Written by DANIEL WAY
    Penciled by BART SEARS
    Cover by PAOLO RIVERA
    PARTS 1 & 2 (OF 5)
    The most brutal villain in the Marvel Universe returns! But has he gone too far this time? Did Sabretooth destroy an entire island of innocent humans? And what will happen when the U.S. Military tries to bring him down? Will they succeed – or pay the ultimate price? Guest appearance by SASQUATCH!! Yes, SASQUATCH!
    32 PGS. (each)/MARVEL PSR …$2.99 (each)

ALPHA FLIGHT #8
    Written by SCOTT LOBDELL
    Penciled by DAVE ROSS
    Cover by SKOTT YOUNG
    "WAXING POETIC" PART 2 (OF 2)
    Montreal faces its gravest hour as it falls under attack by…wax statues of the entire Marvel Universe?! Can Alpha Flight pull itself together in time to save this crown jewel of Quebec?
    32 PGS./MARVEL PSR …$2.99

OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE: WOLVERINE 2004
    Written by ERIC J. MOREELS & RONALD BYRD Cardstock
    Cover by SALVADOR LARROCA & RICHARD ISANOVE The Mighty Marvel Handbook collides with everyone’s favorite mutant! Featuring the most comprehensive profile of Wolverine ever committed to print, OHOTMUW04 also includes in-depth bios on more than 25 of the feral X-Man’s friends and foes — from Amiko to Yukio. Plus: exhaustive entries on Adamantium, Alpha Flight, Madripoor and Weapon X — and an all-new
    Cover by superstar artist Salvador Larroca, digitally painted by Richard Isanove!
    48 PGS./MARVEL PSR …$3.99

No cover pics yet, but at least we get 3 Alpha-related comics this month. Have to say that I'm interested to see what they'll do with Sasquatch in the Sabretooth issue!

Wax statues of the MU attacking, sounds like a job for a box of matches. Sas v Sabretooth, is Sas vicious enough to take on the kiling machine, and the Wolvie Universe. Thats three for me already that month, plus whatever else appears.

Quite looking forward to Sas in Sabretooth.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I just went all over the Marvel website and can't find anything refering to Sas/Sab, can you tell me when it's coming out or are the first two out already?

We never rely on Marvel for their solicits, they are useless at promoting stuff. Normally if you know the obscure sites you can find solicits long before they come up n the recognised sites.

Re Sabretooth, I guess the first two will be out early to mid October. Cover images and such normally get posted towards the end of the month.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Sasquatch will wear an adamantium wrist guard and hold Sabes back by the forehead. There's at least three pages of Sabes swinging his arms, trying to reach Sas.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Thanks Del, I'll keep an eye out for it.

Naw Kozzi, he'll put the armour he wore against the Juggernaut back on and bellyflop on Creed.

Default Re: October Solicits now Online

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab
    ALPHA FLIGHT #8
    Written by SCOTT LOBDELL
    Penciled by DAVE ROSS
    Cover by SKOTT YOUNG
    "WAXING POETIC" PART 2 (OF 2)
    Montreal faces its gravest hour as it falls under attack by…wax statues of the entire Marvel Universe?! Can Alpha Flight pull itself together in time to save this crown jewel of Quebec?
    32 PGS./MARVEL PSR …$2.99
    Well, that explains Skottie's cover and what Scott said about not strictly having interaction with other teams.

also...

AVENGERS #503
    Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    Pencils & Cover by DAVID FINCH
    "AVENGERS DISASSEMBLED" PART 4 (OF 4)
    The shocking double-sized conclusion to the comic event of the year! The Avengers
    come face to face with the enemy that destroyed them and nothing will ever be the same
    again. A story so big, a regular-sized comic could not contain it! The last page cameo
    will have the comic world talking for years!
    Guest-starring every Avenger... ever!!
    48 PGS. /MARVEL PSR …$3.50
    UPC: 5960604458-50311

very Nice! I wonder if Sasquatch will appear in both #1 and #2...or maybe he'll be involved in the full mini. I've been hoping for a while that some AF characters on the current team would appear in other books. It'll encourage people to buy it.

Ben

I just noticed who is doing the art ont he Sabertooth book, Bart Sears should do a really interesting Sasquatch. I quite like his work.

Ben

I don't care for Sears, but his style should work amazingly well on characters like Sabertooth and Sasquatch, so I like him as the choice for this mini.

I've gone through the solicits a few times at the Quesada boards and I'll be damned if I can find a solicit for Weapon X. have my eyes finally given up, or have I missed something?
    Del

All I can say is Yay!... That AF is in the Wolverine Handbook....I just hope it's more than one page....cause they probably won't get their own.

Dana

EDIT: .....And YAY! That Sas is in Sabretooth.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    All I can say is Yay!... That AF is in the Wolverine Handbook....I just hope it's more than one page....cause they probably won't get their own.

Dana
    I feel pretty confidant that ERIC J. MOREELS will give AF thier fair due in the book, and the preview says
    exhaustive entries on Adamantium, Alpha Flight, Madripoor and Weapon X
    so that implies to me lots o' info so "yay" is right! <---oooo new smily

Ben

Actually, Ben, while I'm looking forward to reading the book, I don't think Moreels will do a great job. I base this solely on the X-Men Encyclopedia, and the entries on Alpha Flight. I felt that he did a rather poor job. But then again, he had to condense a LOT of history from across the Marvel Universe for the book, so I can cut him a little slack.

Still, I'm not holding my breath for anything particularly nifty in this upcoming book.