Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Major's Thoughts

Default Re: The Major's Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Major Mapleleaf Jr

- If Canada has no dollar bills per se, instead having "loonies" or whatever they're called, then how exactly would you pay a stripper? Throw coins at her? That just strikes me as odd, which is why the whole "singles" thing didn't bother me. It made sense to me, in fact.
    Strippers make their cash by doing lap dances for twenty bucks a shot. Not that I hang out at strip clubs or anything... okay there was the one time... for my buddy's stag... really... honest.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    I've mentioned this to another poster who seems to have a tendency to attack posts that might be construed as negative: if everyone thinks the issue is good, there's not a lot of conversation on these boards about it.
    Blah blah blah blah

DEATH TO SCOTT LOBDELL!

HE WROTE A COMIC I DIDN'T LIKE!

HE MUST DIE!

NOW WE HAVE CONVERSATION!

Just you, huh, Phil? That's reason enough to kill him right there.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Major Mapleleaf Jr

I'm trying to defend a comic that I see as highly entertaining, amusing, interesting, thought-provoking, and engaging, and I grow tired of all the negativity. If there truly is no malice involved, then I stand corrected. But I perceived it nonetheless.

You call it thought-provoking, yet get on our cases because we think too hard about it?

I only find this particular version thought-provoking, btw, when it gives me nits to pick. Highly entertaining and amusing, yes, but not thought-provoking generally.

(Glad you do.)
    I nit-pick, but that's based on a love of AF - which means I get all emotional and verklempt when I see 'em treated wrong. Huge mistakes made that mean that which has gone before makes no sense is part of that - like Marrina being found on the ice instead of in the water. Or the Plodex being numerous and belligerent, doing nothing but slaughtering each other - yet being capable of organising themselves into a galaxy-conquering race.

I don't care much about spelling mistakes ("You have never tasted power. Fool it now.") unless they stop me from understanding something.

I do get miffed when somebody says 'I can only turn into South American jungle animals. And now, a cockatoo.' but that's my bird-watching parentals / Aussie patriotism talking.

- Le Messor
    "I once tried to dance in a giant glass of Scotch, but it was on the rocks, and I slipped on the ice and hit my head."
    - Striperella

Um, I was already corrected in my thinking once by Kozzi a looooong time ago about this, so respectfully, lay off.

And I mean that in a positive way, Kozzi. I was wrong, you pointed it out, and I stand corrected.

And just as a sidenote, it matters to me when they misspell a character's real name when she's brand-new, because it makes me wonder which one is real or maybe if it was spelled incorrectly on purpose.

Hmm.

Well lega things can cause mistakes Like I believe with Killjoy becoming Killspree) or somebody not doing their job (like the Zuzha mixup.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Default well

Killjoy to Killspree was probably a legal thing, the Zuzha mistake was laziness.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.