3/4 pound rice--cooked
    2 oranges with all rind
    1 pound figs
    1 teaspoon red peper
    1 teaspoon black peper
    2 tablespoons salt
    bay leaf

DIRECTIONS:
    Mix all and bake in oven for one (1) hour.

This pudding was made when the hogs were slaughtered on the farm. "Blood Pudding" was a commom dish during the earlier part of this century. When a hog was slaughtered nothing went to waste.

So here you go you can all make your own. Enjoy your very own pudding.
    Richard Vasseur

I tried it in the UK.
    I'll try anything ONCE
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

small wonder people are vegetarian happy these days. <=)
    Hell was full, so I came back.

The other great English culinary delight is from the breakfast menu. Can't off the top of the noggin remember what it was called, but essentially it is deep fried sliced bread with all the taste and texture of wood that had been left under an oil-leaking car.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Is it Kuali? That is deep fried bread slices with squid juice. Marrina might enjoy them.
    Richard Vasseur

I think it's just fried bread.
    Squid juice might actually be an improvement.
    www.kozzi.us

Fried bread is a bit strange on it's own, but to get the best from it, could I suggest the following.

Fry a slice of bread, place a runny fried egg on top followed by tinned tomatoes, mash the toms and eggs together so the juices flow over the bread. Then eat eggs, toms and the optional side order of bacon. The bread can then be eaten slowly while you read your newspapaer.

Oh and the bread should be lightly browned, not fried into a substance that when first cut breaks into lethal shrapnel.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Fried bread is a bit strange on it's own, but to get the best from it, could I suggest the following.

Fry a slice of bread, place a runny fried egg on top followed by tinned tomatoes, mash the toms and eggs together so the juices flow over the bread. Then eat eggs, toms and the optional side order of bacon. The bread can then be eaten slowly while you read your newspapaer.

Oh and the bread should be lightly browned, not fried into a substance that when first cut breaks into lethal shrapnel.
    Now that sounds good. I'm making it this week.

As for the blood pudding, I'll try anything once so the next time I'm on that side of the pond I'll be sure to try it.

Let us know what ya think PWalk, I've just had the very same thing down the cafe for lunch. As an added extra, maybe a little brown sauce added to the egg/tom mixture for extra tang.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

It has to be eaten slowly to avoid splinters!
    The same concoction would be edible if on well buttered toast.
    Glad you enjoy it Phil, but I think it might be a limited specialty. When ordfering our English breakfasts with "no fried bread!" more often than not we've gotten the response of the server: "I don't blame you!"
    www.kozzi.us

Well buttered toast would work, but the fried slice done proper without the splintering properties just seems to work better. Oh and as Phil, not sure if he enjoys the fried slice, from what I know of his breakfasting activities, he seems to be a croissant and cuppa man.
    Del

@#*% that mate.
    It's just all that hotel has.
    I like a good bit of meat in me early in the morning.
    And I'm not even going to bother to try and rephrase that, so mind out of the gutter deviants.

I've got to say, I'm as English as they come and never had black pudding though.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    @#*% that mate.
    It's just all that hotel has.
    I like a good bit of meat in me early in the morning.
    And I'm not even going to bother to try and rephrase that, so mind out of the gutter deviants.

I've got to say, I'm as English as they come and never had black pudding though.
    To late mate...Oh so late on that one! LOLOL

I've never had black pud either but then I'm from one of the colonies...one of the ones that didn't tell the crown to sod off.

We have pavs instead. *is still miffed ehr pav tossing was in vain...SOMEBODY owes me a soul*
    Hell was full, so I came back.

I swear Del made a reply here a second ago

I did, but then recanted It was basically about the hotel. It may have a limited breakfast menu, but anywhere that sells beer to an innebriated person at 1-30am in the morning can't be all bad

Oh and even though it don't sell fried slice, it still gets kudos for the beer thing.
    Del