Poll: A long time Avenger on this list is slated to die in "Disassembled" Who do you think it w

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avengers Fatality

Default Avengers Fatality

My first guess is Hank Pym. He's been getting no respect lately. But also strong in my reckoning is Janet Pym.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

I've gone for Wasp. Given the one confirmed fatality so far, it struck me as very unlikely that Marvel would off Hank Pym as well.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

They surely wouldn't kill off the Wasp - I mean I know that she's the most boring woman in the whole of Marveldom but still, she's been around forever!!!

Who's already the confirmed casualty btw? I don't read the book but I'd still like to know - you can whisper it to (PM) me if you don't want to post a spoiler.

The list of four was released by writer Bendis or editor Brevoort.
    I never found Wasp boring, maybe because I started reading Avengers during Stern's run and he had a good handle on her.

MY SPECULATION is that both Pyms may be casualties, and that Hank may turn out to be the mastermind villain behind Disassembled.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by beetleblack
    They surely wouldn't kill off the Wasp - I mean I know that she's the most boring woman in the whole of Marveldom but still, she's been around forever!!!

Who's already the confirmed casualty btw? I don't read the book but I'd still like to know - you can whisper it to (PM) me if you don't want to post a spoiler.
    Well, just reading the first half of the book, the first killed was Ant-Man II. But I think Vision is also considered 'Fallen' as well??

-Mystic
    Where are we going, and why are we in this hand-basket??

Theres no way they're going to kill Hawkeye so I voted for Pym.

Well, just reading the first half of the book, the first killed was Ant-Man II. But I think Vision is also considered 'Fallen' as well??
    Two clues as to why I think Pym might be the heavy of the story. Scott Lang's death (what a waste of a great underutilized character!) was by chance, but he, Vision and Ultron all have direct connections to Pym.
    www.kozzi.us

Are Scarlet Witch and Vision still married? I seem to remember that when Bryne was writing West Coast Avengers he had Vision sort of re-booted so he had no memory of being married to Wanda but I'm not sure if they were able to stay together or not.

Btw, was Magneto's 'death' ever mentioned in the pages of the Avengers with regards to Scarlet Witch being his daughter?

This whole story (Avengers Disassembled?) sounds kinda interesting, might see of they do a TBP of it after it's finished as I'm kind of snowed under with titles at the moment.

Vision & Witch not still married. She was with Wonder Man for quite some time, which make sense as Wonder Man's brain patterns were given to the Vision: Wanda fell in love with Wonder Man's mind in Vision's body.

Magneto not mentioned in Avengers. With the overall cohesive of Marvel these days, are you surprised?

It may sound interesting, but at least in theory I have a problem with new big name writers coming one the title with a death list and intending (at least in rumor) to form a new "Avengers" team with Dardevil, Spidey and Wolverine."
    www.kozzi.us

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    It may sound interesting, but at least in theory I have a problem with new big name writers coming one the title with a death list and intending (at least in rumor) to form a new "Avengers" team with Dardevil, Spidey and Wolverine."
    True enough, it just seems that sometimes writers come aboard and want to put their own stamp on the title and are quite heavy handed and disrespectful for what has gone before (dare I mention the original series of AF? So many different writers with so many different directions!). Also, as popular as Spider-man and Wolverine are, isn't Wolverine used way too much?? Also I don't much care for characters with their own titles being on teams as well, it just seems pretty unrealistic - like when do they ever find the time to go off and have solo adventures?

(I actually can't imagine either Spider-man or Wolverine as Avengers!)

Spider-Man served a very short stint in the early 300's, maybe around #315,

Daredevil astonishes me the most because it has always been established that working in teams clouds his senses.
    www.kozzi.us

I hope it's Pym that bites it. He is hands-down the most boring Avenger I think I've ever read.

I seem to remember Sue and Reed Richards being members at one point also when the original Avengers went missing or something.

Do we know of any other new members?

Since Issue #300 (Reed & Sue)?
    Sheesh!
    Off the top of my head:
    Justice & Firestar
    new Captain Britain
    Silverclaw
    Triathalon
    Ant-Man (officially)
    Jack of Hearts
    Moon Knight (West Coast)
    Living Lightning (son of original) (WCA)
    Spider-Man
    Spider-Woman (WCA)
    USAgent (replacement Cap) (WCA)
    Original Human Torch
    Machine Man (WCA reserve)
    Sersi (Eternals)
    Madam Masque (story abandoned for Heroes reborn)
    Crystal (Inhumans)

And you thought Alpha was a crowded title!
    www.kozzi.us

I would LOVE to see Silverclaw and Triathlon again... when was the last time either of them were seen? Or Sersi, for that matter?