Thread: Upcoming Avengers

Default Upcoming Avengers

I couldn't agree more Janet Van Dyne and Hank Prym he certainly didn't deserve her. Because of the way she treated Hank I find it hard to see how he can stand to be around her.
    Is Janet still dating Paladin?
    A little bit out of touch with Avengers there, Rich? Paladin was viewed as a dating prospect for a very short time somewhere around #260. She and Hank reconsummated their relationship in West Coast Avengers, which would be somewhere around #310 of the regular Avengers title. She's recently refused to remarry him, and even more recently (and out of characterization for them both) had a roll with Hawkeye.

I don't think she's treated him all that bad, but I am not liking the recent writer attacks on Hank as a wife beater.
    Yes, he hit her. Once. While having a nervous breakdown and under mental control/influence from Egghead. The wife-BEATING Pym is the one in Ultimates. The mainline Pym made mistakes that he has been trying to atone for ever since. He's probably not going to be around much longer anyway.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

A perfect example of the negative side of a great story. That story is so influential on the Avengers mythos and the definative Janet and Hank story, that the characters have never really been allowed to develop beyond that point.

The Avengers have been particularly rough on marriages. Hawkeye & Mockingbird had rough times and Vision & Witch dissolved, but I always found that somewhat realistic considering marriage statistics for cops.

I kind of considered the difinitive Jan & Hank story to be their wedding. She knew he had mental instability, but she loved him. I thought he worked great when he operated at Dr. Pym, either a lab rat supporting character or the regular-sized man who shrinks other things.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.