Thread: X-Assault

Default X-Assault

Anyone else addicted to this silly X-Men game??? A friend told me about it and warned me of it's addictive qualities and now I can't stop playing it! Sadly I have sent many a good X-Men off to their doom - strangley I think Toad has been responsible for killing most of them, even the Phoenix!!!

I, too, find it addictive. The only problem I have with it is that it seems impossible (for me) to defeat anyone. No matter who I get, I lose them all. Is there a secret I'm just not getting??

-Mystic
    Where are we going, and why are we in this hand-basket??

Default Totally Bloody Ignorant

Is this a console game or PC net, if net, be there a link ?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

It's a PC game that you download (for free). I'll hunt down the link for you and edit it in.

-Mystic

Much appreciated : Cheers
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

http://www.nixonvision.com/

I searched and searches and now I KNOW I'm gonna have my head eaten by it and never have a life again! Bwahahahahahahah *snort*cough*choke*wheeze*!!!!

I have to admit it is like a form of digital crack (much like Everquest was), even though I can't seem to win a SINGLE match to save my life (or all those poor, poor X-Men who I have sent screaming to their graves).

Oh well, I think I'll go back to my 'other digital crack'...Final Fantasy

-Mystic

I actually find assembling my team pretty hard - my X-knowledge is crap, so most of the answers are just guesses on my part. Most of the time I just rely on the random assortment for the game to pick some candidates for me.

Players to look out for are:

Shadowcat - Great for dodging and phasing attacks, and also highly intelligent.

Jean Grey - love it when she goes mad and becomes the Phoenix... sadly this doesn't make her as unstoppable as she SHOULD be - in one round she was 'defeated' by TOAD!

The Toad seems to be the hardest of the villians to kill strangely. Also if Rachel Summers' Phoenix comes face to face with Mastermind you are sunk as she just caves in. Cyclopes also gets easily defeated by Apocolypse without even striking out.

YAYYYY - I just scored 79.69

Oh and yeah, Jimmie, you're 100% right when you call it digital crack - I am a true addict and I think I need HELP!!!!

oh dear... i love this game. i can play it for hours and hours nonstop. not sure about my best score yet (110 or so? dunno) but it is so entertaining i don't care. :>

some great characters are shadowcat, the orphan (who's great against mr sinister), archangel (got to love the event with apocalypse) and storm's defense against strength is pretty good too.
    i am going to marry my novels and have little short stories for children.
    -jack kerouac

I got like 23.04 Wooo! I couldn't even put together a team from the trivia questions... of course who ARE some of these people???

But it's pretty cool... thanks fer sharing folks! (I DID manage to recruit NorthStar all on my own... but he had no team mates...)
    Swifty
    aka Tyvin on FFXI server Seraph.
    If I'm not at work or on MSN... I'm in Vana'Diel

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftFox
    I got like 23.04 Wooo! I couldn't even put together a team from the trivia questions... of course who ARE some of these people???

But it's pretty cool... thanks fer sharing folks! (I DID manage to recruit NorthStar all on my own... but he had no team mates...)
    It's mainly the members of X-Static that I have no idea who they are.
    As for recruiting Northstar - he doesn't work well in a team and ends up arguing with whoever's made leader, likewise with Quicksilver who I managed to recruit and after a punishing round with a bad guy I tried to pull him out and he REFUSED!

Looking forward to the next version with loads more characters.

Default latest version.

i recently got sent the beta version of the game so i thought i'd resurrect the thread. a few new characters (sage, xorn, longshot,etc.) and new villains make it even more interesting. i am stuck in chapter III. anyone else still playing?

for the record, i still dig the x-statix team. the orphan rules.
    i am going to marry my novels and have little short stories for children.
    -jack kerouac