Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Invasion of the Letter's Page!

has anyone here seen print in Alpha Waves?

I was in print ( and massively edited ) in Vol 1 # 113.

I know criticism and any kind of point that was made in the letter was cut and I sounded more like just a fanboy instead of a concerned fan.

In Alpha I was printed in #118, and, yes, also heavily edited. Other letters in FF, Avengers, Excalibur & Night Thrasher #2 that I remember off the top of my head. Ralph Macchio sent me the paste-up of the letters page for FF.

I just finished my letter, it is as follows:

Dear Alphans,

First off, I want to simply thank you all for bring Alpha Flight back to print. This has always
    been, and always will be my favorite comic book title. Now I know there are those who say that
    it’s not Alpha Flight, as there is no Guardian, no Puck (Judd), but to me this has very quickly
    become the next chapter for Alpha Flight. Don’t get me wrong, I’d LOVE to see a the original
    cast and crew together again, it was great to see them in #5, but lets get that second Uncanny AF
    title going! I want, and love both incarnations.

Each issue just gets better and better. I’m really getting a good feel for the new characters, and
    they have a wonderful dynamic. Clayton’s art just keeps impressing me more and more, and
    Scott’s writing shows him to be a true AF fan like the rest of us. There are so many questions I
    want answered. What is Yukon Jack’s real story? What’s with Zuzha’s powers? But I’m happy
    to wait it out to see.

I’ve been following the sales stats carefully for this title, as I’m so frightened that it might be
    taken away from the loyal fans once more. Please oh powers that be, keep this title going for a
    good long time! If you want to get a good sense of what the true fans are saying, visit the Alpha
    Waves Forum at: http://forum.alphaflight.net .

Here’s to a great series, and a super creative team.

Ben Wells
    PEI, Canada
    here is my envelpe:

Great letter.
    GREAT envelope!

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    In Alpha I was printed in #118, and, yes, also heavily edited. Other letters in FF, Avengers, Excalibur & Night Thrasher #2 that I remember off the top of my head. Ralph Macchio sent me the paste-up of the letters page for FF.
    Cool, I got my paste up page too.

Mine went in the post the other day...here's hoping it gets there. ^^
    Hell was full, so I came back.

Good luck on publication, Jo!
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.