Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Invasion of the Letter's Page!

Default The Invasion of the Letter's Page!

After Swifty's amazing luck and bragging rights for life...an idea hit me. Wanna see how many of us can actually get posted in the ANADAF letters page?

Start writing to Marvel kiddies! And if yer shy about yer actual name being posted, you can always use yer forum nick...I think they still allow that. Remember, the letters should be heaping praise or critique on the book.
    Hell was full, so I came back.

I'm down, anyone know off hand where to send them through snail mail? or for that matter email?

word is you have a better chance of hitting the pages with snail mail. Be it can't hurt in your letters to beg them to keep the series going forever Lets show Marvel that the fans DO care!

Ben

The e-mail addy is officex@marvel.com and the snail mail is
    Alpha Flight c/o Marvel Comics
    10 East 40th Street
    New York
    NY 10016

Oh and you could take a glance at http://forum.alphaflight.net/viewtop...?t=121&start=0

I'm gonna send something to see if I can get my name in lights, but will proly do it snail mail.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Muchas Gracias Del...I was looking for the addys to send stuff too.

make sure you put "Okay To Print" somwhere obvious on the letter too.

Ben

Del! Heather! Err... M!

After this all Canadian issue, we need to get as many English letters in as possible, for an all English special!!!

(Or at least just get a few more letters in)

And then we can go for an all Oz/NZ issue!

(Or at least just show the diversity of the readership)

Do you remember a case a few years back, when Marvel purloined a message from either the Awaves mailing list or somthing similar and actually printed it. I'm gonna try for a brit thing and snail mail somthing tomorrow.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

perhaps we could even do a letter on behalf of the entire forum Express a few common thoughts and opinions, and address it from the Alpha Waves Forum (insert URL here)

Ben

I was thinking about that when I made the original query to you? Of course it's not a good thing normally when I get a hair brained idea right after coming home from work...I need time for my brain to get back to normal first THEN post crack pot ideas!

So wanna have a bash at composing a 'group grope' from the forum?

Actually, that's a GREAT idea...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

To best increase your chances (judging from overall flavor of letter columns since they have resurfaced:
    bring up any criticism in as few words as possible and overwhelm it with positive.
    Any questions of "are we gonna see...?" should touch on something we will probably see
    snail mail

And do Ben the favor of mentioning the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    To best increase your chances (judging from overall flavor of letter columns since they have resurfaced:
    bring up any criticism in as few words as possible and overwhelm it with positive.
    Any questions of "are we gonna see...?" should touch on something we will probably see
    snail mail

Yes Dad.
    Thank you Dad.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    I planned too?