Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New hero for Alpha Flight

Default New hero for Alpha Flight

Her name is Turbine, check it out...

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/turbinespdm.htm

MM :P

She's perfect for the new squad!

and did you notice who created her?

Interesting, the team could use a techie anyway.

Not only would it be a good idea for Scott to slip in this particular creation of his... but she would fit into the off-beat dynamic of the team perfectly. I say bring her in!

I dunno, if Scott were to bring in existing characters I'd prefer he stuck to Vol.1 & 2 Alphans/Betans/etc's.

I like the freshness of the new characters, and the development of them.

But yeah, the character could be interesting...

But that's exactly why she'd be good for the team, Phil. She's SO minor (appearing in only ONE obscure issue!) that she would be relatively baggage-free.

Besides, when Walt buys a DDR machine for the headquarters, she'll be able to tinker with the system and hook him up.

*blech*

i'm all for campy characters, but that one kinda stinks.

She kinda reminds me of Wiz Kid from the X-Terminators/New Mutants. Just a little less dorky. A little.

THe other question is whether she would have grown up any since her last appearance. It was 12 years real time. Would she still be a minor?

I know it's a poor point of reference, but I use Dani Moonstar (my all-time favorite character) for age checks. Back in 1993, she was approximately 19-20 years old, and she's about 22 now... so Turbine would have aged 2-3 years or so.

But like I said, that's unreliable. I'd prefer to keep her young. She could be the Molly/Bruiser of the new Alpha Flight.

Her dad Dr. Cargill built the cycle for her...I'm not sure if she's that much of a techie? I think she would be a good addition to a Beta or Gamma team, if she's still too young.

Dana

Mapleleaf is camp enough right now, thanks!
    However, it couldn't hurt to have her appear in one issue just to reestablish her.
    Kitty Pryde is a better age comparison note as Claremont seems to have tracked this closely and carefully. By progression she'd be 19 or maybe 20. By most American alcohol dispensing laws, though, she would have to be 21 or have made herself a fake ID to be working as a bartender.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    By progression she'd be 19 or maybe 20. By most American alcohol dispensing laws, though, she would have to be 21 or have made herself a fake ID to be working as a bartender.
    it was ruled that, circa the 'Twelve' storyline (1999/2000), Kitty was 21 years old and part way through her second year of university (don't ask me which iss, I dn't have them on hand, but DO remember the comment). She turned 20 shortly before the end of Excalibur (the first one, that didn't involve Genosha directly) - so it's inferred as she was talking/arguing with Pete Wisdom (tell me, who could REALLY make sence if they were fighting or not??). Therefore, she IS legal to work/go to bars.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine