Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 24 of 24

Thread: New hero for Alpha Flight

  1. #16
    Alpha Flight
    kozzi24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Providence, RI
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    I forgot those tidbits. Thanks, but still think maybe her age was pushed a bit. Excalibur was 125 issues, and sometime around or before #50, she had been given a car but was not legal age to drive it (although UK driving laws may be 18 rather than the US 16, so I may be waaaay off base there.
    But standards (acknowledging that Kitty's timing could very well be off seeing she did not attend regular schools) would put the sophomore year at 19-20, hence my further confusion.
    With further thought, 21 does make sense as there have been a couple SIX MONTHS SINCE LAST ISSUE skips in Marvel continuity over the past few years.

  2. #17
    Alphamaniac Alpha Flight
    cmdrkoenig67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    State O' Maine
    Posts
    2,581

    Default

    It sounds to me that Marvel aged Kitty really, really fast(how very soap opera of them). I don't understand why they'd want to do that...considering(technically) all of the supposedly mid-twenty year old X-Men(Cyclops, Jean, Storm, etc...) should now all be almost (or over)thirty by comparison.

    Wasn't Kitty 13 in her debut(the X-Men were supposed to be in their early twenties then...I think)?

    Dana

  3. #18
    Administrator Department H
    HappyCanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    1,339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    It sounds to me that Marvel aged Kitty really, really fast(how very soap opera of them). I don't understand why they'd want to do that...considering(technically) all of the supposedly mid-twenty year old X-Men(Cyclops, Jean, Storm, etc...) should now all be almost (or over)thirty by comparison.

    Wasn't Kitty 13 in her debut(the X-Men were supposed to be in their early twenties then...I think)?

    Dana
    In their first appearance: the original X-Men ranged from 15 (bobby) to 17 (Scott and Hank). Now they are all in they're late twenties, early thirties (during the Draco line, Warren is refered to being 'barely into his third decade'). Storm was supposedly in her early 20's when she first appeared, and the Draco prologue took place 'about thirty years ago', making Kurt 'about thirty. In her first appearance, Kitty was a little under a week past her 13th birthday.

    now here's a better question: why the hell did I give all the extranious information, when the real question I could have summed up in a sentance? because I'm just that much of a b*****d.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

    "Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

  4. #19
    Alpha Flight
    kozzi24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Providence, RI
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    The best single thing Mark Waid has done on FF is that he has actually aged Franklin past 4 1/2 years old. He's now actually 7 or 8, and both acts it and looks it.

  5. #20
    Administrator Department H
    Phil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    9,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    (although UK driving laws may be 18 rather than the US 16, so I may be waaaay off base there.)
    It's 17 unless they've gone and changed it again.

  6. #21
    Alpha Flight
    kozzi24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Providence, RI
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    That makes PERFECT sense to Kitty's age at the time of the story. I was confused because she seemed to be turning sexteen, as she had already turned fifteen, but (I think it was) Coiurtney Ross said something about one year until Kitty was legal, "so don't get caught." Claremont did an excellent job with tracking Kitty's age through the years.

  7. #22
    Alphamaniac Alpha Flight
    cmdrkoenig67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    State O' Maine
    Posts
    2,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    In their first appearance: the original X-Men ranged from 15 (bobby) to 17 (Scott and Hank). Now they are all in they're late twenties, early thirties (during the Draco line, Warren is refered to being 'barely into his third decade'). Storm was supposedly in her early 20's when she first appeared, and the Draco prologue took place 'about thirty years ago', making Kurt 'about thirty. In her first appearance, Kitty was a little under a week past her 13th birthday.

    now here's a better question: why the hell did I give all the extranious information, when the real question I could have summed up in a sentance? because I'm just that much of a b*****d.

    I didn't realize Marvel had stated that the Original X-Men were so mature....wow..thanks.

    So....how old are the New Mutants now? Has it been stated in their new series? Rahne(14) and Bobby(13) were about Kitty's age, when they started. Danielle, Sam(both 17?) and Karma(19?) were all quite a bit older than her, also.

    Dana

  8. #23
    Alpha Flight

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    251

    Default Re: New hero for Alpha Flight

    Quote Originally Posted by maniac mike
    Her name is Turbine, check it out...

    http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/turbinespdm.htm

    MM :P
    Talk about your obscure finds...It wouldn't suprise me at all if you ended up inadvertently giving up a spoiler there.

    I wouldn't mind the character on this team, though she might need to be updated a little bit.

  9. #24
    Alpha Flight
    kozzi24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Providence, RI
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    If Scott brings her in, I think it should be only if he can really do something with her. The book has its fill of corny, and adding might be overkill. But if he could put her to good use, maybe even as a viewpoint character to give us a "new lokk" at existing Alpha, then ALL AbOARD! He could even put a poll up, and if enough of us find her vapid, he could kill her as a parable of inexperience playing in the big leagues!
    www.kozzi.us

    recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

    ~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •