Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Austens Ironclads

My major complaints are the shouler and knee pads, and the pointed helmets.

Take them away and Guardian's would be feasible.
    Vindicator's would be pretty much like her V2 costume, so again feasible.

There's the debate over Electromagnetic/Geothermal vs armour, but after the amount of times the Guardian/Vindicator suits have failed, I could be persuaded to see the logic in armour for them, against an armoured Juggernaut.
    However here Juggernaut's armourless, and between the experience of Mac & Heather, their ability to fly and attack with force/geothermal beams/whatever from a long range, they seem kinda redundant. Especially with 3 against 1.

But overall, the idea of an armour isn't too out of the question, as the 'Am-Can' suit originally was portrayed as.

Sas however is basically wearing Juggernauts armour once you take off the accessories.

For human Walt, again like the other two, it's feasible, but I don't think he'd need them in Sasquatch form against Juggernaut, and definitely not an armourless Juggernaut.

A flesh eating bacteria like in V2 maybe ( ) but against Juggy... meh, doesn't mesh with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Mapleleaf Jr
    Well, just color me stupid, then. I'll keep my minority opinions to myself next time, eh?
    No, no, no.

People are disagreeing with your opinion, not trying to force you to change it.

Your view's as valid and as welcome as anyone else's.

I'm not completely against the armour myself.

I totally understand where everyone is coming from, and for the vast majority I agree with them...

But I liked the armor, namely because it made Alpha Flight look a lot more modern, and a HELL of a lot bigger and badder. Almost sinister, even.

I don't know what it is. But I approve of it.

Bah, a double-post... but I must. Two points.

First, Mac and Heather are distance fighters, true. But that sure didn't stop Juggy from beating the crap out of Mac, and throwing Heather through a wall, did it? Sure, their suit's electromagnetic fields should have been the equal of any armor they might choose to wear. But like I said, it never hurts to be redundant. Especially when dealing with someone as vicious and powerful as the Juggernaut. And as for Sasquatch himself... I seem to recall, during the 'Rules of Engagement' arc, that he was having a pretty difficult time with Juggernaut. They seemed, to me, to be just about an even match. Juggy bloodied him, and vice versa. And it seemed to be during 'The Draco' that Walt had a personal vendetta against him, which is why I would be willing to wager that it was Walt's own idea to come armored. He wanted that rematch with the Juggernaut. He wanted to beat the crap out of him quickly and painfully.

Second, Snowbird talking like Jubilee. I didn't get this impression once. Sure, her dialogue was a lot less formal and icy as when Byrne had his hands on her, but like someone else said, that may be due not only to the "new", cloned Narya, but also to the fact that perhaps she is simply learning to assimilate easier into human society. Lots of characters' speech patterns change over time, because their circumstances are different.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    Thanks for the scan Phil.

We've had kudos to Ben on the site, but the things you do are not overlooked!
    Meh.. I just have time on my hands and a head full of informative c**p.
    I do nothing really.

Bah, a double-post... but I must. Two points.

First, Mac and Heather are distance fighters, true. But that sure didn't stop Juggy from beating the crap out of Mac, and throwing Heather through a wall, did it?
    No, because they were wearing armour rather than their distance suits :P

And as for Sasquatch himself... I seem to recall, during the 'Rules of Engagement' arc, that he was having a pretty difficult time with Juggernaut. They seemed, to me, to be just about an even match. Juggy bloodied him, and vice versa. And it seemed to be during 'The Draco' that Walt had a personal vendetta against him, which is why I would be willing to wager that it was Walt's own idea to come armored. He wanted that rematch with the Juggernaut. He wanted to beat the crap out of him quickly and painfully.
    That I'll agree with.
    He actually makes a comment in the next issue about it being 'payback.'

Still think it was redundant and just badly designed though :P

Second, Snowbird talking like Jubilee. I didn't get this impression once. Sure, her dialogue was a lot less formal and icy as when Byrne had his hands on her, but like someone else said, that may be due not only to the "new", cloned Narya, but also to the fact that perhaps she is simply learning to assimilate easier into human society. Lots of characters' speech patterns change over time, because their circumstances are different.
    I definitely agree with that.
    She only had two out of place lines! (And one of the two uses of 'God' at seeing Mac had died.... again. Wouldn't you use it under the circumstances )
    It can easily be forgotten about.

LOL, Phil. Mac had that excuse. What about Heather? She had on... some REALLY BIG guns on her arms. LOL. I wonder if they fired shells or little lava rocks?

LOL, Phil. Mac had that excuse. What about Heather? She had on... some REALLY BIG guns on her arms.
    Well, she appears to in that splash page, but they're never fired once and gone by the next issue.

Part of the appeal of the guarian suit was it being technological but not bulky. If it had been bulky, he hould have been just another Iron Man. Every armored character from Beetle to Box to Mach 4 (insider pun intended) gets compared to Iron Man, as the original Armor Wars made clear. The streamlined version helps make the Alphas distinct.
    Another Alpha comparison, obviously, is Vol 1 #11-12, Jaxxon as Box versus Mac. Mac's suit was more advanced, thus had other complications, leading, in part, to his death.

My major complaints are the shouler and knee pads,
    Mac didn't complain about them on Heather's costume, so she kept them
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.