Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I just realized this in X2...

[quote=SwiftFox]
    Quote Originally Posted by "HappyCanuck
    That was my point when someone mentioned this once and said the writer's should have researched more... not only a possibility of being mutant sympathisers, but A) how do they know who is and isn't a mutant?
    Best solution I can come up with, looking at the Sentinel's ability to differentiate mutant from non-mutant (powered) individual is that the Sentinels register that mutants have power. Non-Mutants have power, but their bodies would also carry background radiation (or other signs)from how they got their powers.

In extension of this, unless someone got powers from being immersed in a magickal realm/dimension, magic-weilding characters such as Strange, Talisman and Shaman would be registered by the Sentinels as flatline.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    (This was all explained in New Mutant Anal #1, 1984).
    Thats sounds like a book I would like

Default Ouch that has got to hurt!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zach
    Is that the one with Piledriver in it
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Don't remember piledriver off hand. It has a dark Seinkewitz (sp) cover with something like "Rock Anthem" or "Rock Fable: A Love story" on the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by beetleblack
    And is Lila Cheney classes as a mutant? I thought she was alien?
    Lila Cheney was born and bred in London, England. She's a mutant with long-range teleportational abilities. Her band and 'road' crew, however, are predominantly extraterrestrial (tho she did have a few human/Terran members at one point) (This was all explained in New Mutant Anal #1, 1984).

Does this mean that Cannonball is on the loose out in this X-Men universe too?
    Worse: Cannonball is back with the X-Men full-time (joined the XXM team in XXM#24, now serving under Storm in X-Men).

Come to think of it, what about the rest of the New Mutants?
    Last I heard, Xian, Dani and Rahne were leading the Academy X crew (from NMvol.2/NXM:Acadamy X, or whatever it's being called now). Tabitha and Julio are still with the X-Corp (iirc), Skids is in Marvel-limbo, Rusty Collins is dead, and need I really explain where/what happened to Warlock? :P
    Ah, I see... I did actually mean in the X-Men movies though, no mention of any of our fave new mutants over there.

Default Re: Ouch that has got to hurt!!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach
    Is that the one with Piledriver in it
    Brilliant iss that one! Absolutely brilliant!

*goes off to laugh her a**e off now*
    Hell was full, so I came back.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    Best solution I can come up with, looking at the Sentinel's ability to differentiate mutant from non-mutant (powered) individual is that the Sentinels register that mutants have power. Non-Mutants have power, but their bodies would also carry background radiation (or other signs)from how they got their powers
    Except that so far the movies haven't shown sentinels existing at all... and they're pretty hard to hide :P
    Swifty
    aka Tyvin on FFXI server Seraph.
    If I'm not at work or on MSN... I'm in Vana'Diel

What about the Stealth Sentinels that first appeared in AF#41/42 ? You can hide em up your trouser leg, or so I've been led to believe
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    What about the Stealth Sentinels that first appeared in AF#41/42 ? You can hide em up your trouser leg, or so I've been led to believe
    That sounds cold. Physically cold enough to make the boys want to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by beetleblack
    Ah, I see... I did actually mean in the X-Men movies though, no mention of any of our fave new mutants over there.
    Tee hee, my bad. To my knowledge, they DID meantion Xian on the computer monitor (they listed her as 'Mahn, Xian Coy', which is stupid, as Mahn isn't her surname; Coy is)
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Worse: Cannonball is back with the X-Men full-time (joined the XXM team in XXM#24, now serving under Storm in X-Men).
    Although he's leaving come August to hook up with X-Force...

*Rob Liefeld sense... tingling*

I am NOT looking forward to that. I have every faith in Neceinza, but the art....

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    I am NOT looking forward to that. I have every faith in Neceinza, but the art....
    Hey Marvel likes the guy, so I guess they pegged him for the job. Plus he is the one that was onboard when Marvel launched X-Force way back when anyway. But then what do I know, I'm just a fan of the books themselves. =)
    Hell was full, so I came back.

Okay, slighty off topic, but related to Cannonball (sort of) - does anyone know where Magma is hanging these days? Last I saw of her she was with the X-Treme X-Men and then was in a reunion issue with her fellow New Mustants, is she in limbo at the moment or affiliated with a team?

Not on a team, so either in the background of the school or back with Sunspot's X-Corp office