Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I just realized this in X2...

Default I just realized this in X2...

In the second X-Men movie, during the scene where Mystique is in Stryker's office, there are a bunch of character references on the computer screen that you only see for a split second. If you pause and zoom in the DVD you'll see that Department H and I believe Alpha Flight are listed there. Did anyone else notice this?

(oh by the way, this week's issue is listed in the "What Looks Good" section on Silver Bullet Comicbooks. Every little bit helps )

do you have a link to the silver bullets article?

I suppose it would have been useful to include it eh?

http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/good/

ALPHA FLIGHT #5 $2.99 (Scott Lobdell / Clayton Henry)

I really don’t know why but I am liking this book a lot more than I thought I would, and I get the feeling that I’m enjoying it a bit more than I should. I can’t exactly place my finger on it as to why, it’s just a feeling. So go figure why I got that geeky feeling of anticipation when I saw the list of comics that were coming out this week and saw Alpha Flight #5 listed.

I really can’t explain it, but for some reason I can’t wait to read this week’s issue.

What can I say, I think the book is funny.

yep and I can name em all. Wildchild is in there! No Beaubier's though. It's in alphabetical order and starts with Pyro and ends with Storm...well Alerdyce to Munroe.
    Hell was full, so I came back.

do they list wild child as wild child or kyle raynie (er....is that his name?)

There were screencaptures floating about somewhere but I cant find them at the moment.

Anyway, the text list is:

1st column: John Allerdyce, Ruth Bat-Seraph, Cecilia Reyes, Everett Thomas, Victor Creed, Nichole St. Croix

2nd column: Claudette St. Croix, Kurt Wagner, Raven Darkholme, Jamie Madrox, Lila Cheney, Vanessa Carlysle, Wade Wilson, Scott Summers, Doug Ramsey, Alison Blaire, Maria Callasantos, Andrea von Strucker

3rd column: Andreas von Strucker, Remy LeBeau, Bobby Drake, Paige Guthrie, Yukio Oyama, Tom Cassidy, Artie Maddicks, Erik M. Lensherr, David North, Tabitha Smith, Calvin Rankin, Dr. Nathaniel Essex

4th column: Garrison Kane, Mortimer Toynbee, Illyana Rasputin, Theresa Rourke, Sally Blevins, Angelo Espionosa, Shiro Yoshida, Guido Carosella, Ororo Munroe, Keniuchio Harada, Katherine Pryde, Dr. Karl Lykos

5th column: Omega Red, Xavier's School, Blackbird, Massachusetts Academy, Trask, Graymalkin, Zero Tolerance, Project Wide Awake, Beta Flight, Jamie Braddock, Dr. Henry McCoy

6th column: Danger Room, Forge, Dept. H, Brotherhood, Weapon X, Gamma Flight, Rahne Sinclair

7th column: Cerebro, Legacy, Salem Center, Franklin Richards, Alpha Flight, Muir Island, Morlocks, Kevin McTaggart

The "On Camera Graphics" section also includes an intriguing list of
    mutant nametags from Stryker's Base, with even more names to add to
    the above including John Proudstar, Clarice Ferguson, Sidney Jones,
    Mickey Tork, Gunter Bain, Roger Bochs, Vanessa Geraldine Carlysle,
    Gardner Munroe, Leyu Yoshida, David Haller, Jesse Aaronson, and
    Russell Collins.

Good job, Phil!
    And love the new avatar

Heh, s'okay, I just nabbed the list from somewhere

Yeah, but you took the time to put it up there. Good on ya Phil. I remember this being mentioned elsewhere, but never could be arsed to do that pausing and zooming ****, now with your help I don't have too. Cheers
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Cool list, thanks for posting it. Only saw X2 last week and thought it was pretty good (although thought it went on too long at the end). I did wonder who the names were in the list in Stryker's office, but like Del couldn't be arsed to pause and zoom it!

bochs was a mutant? (please don't revoke my alpha card)

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    bochs was a mutant? (please don't revoke my alpha card)
    Last I checked, Bochs wasn't a mutant. However, he does have strong ties to mutants (thus a mutant sympathiser), and would have been a potential threat to Stryker's operations, much like Moira MacTaggert would have been.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

And is Lila Cheney classes as a mutant? I thought she was alien? Does this mean that Cannonball is on the loose out in this X-Men universe too? Come to think of it, what about the rest of the New Mutants?

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    Last I checked, Bochs wasn't a mutant. However, he does have strong ties to mutants (thus a mutant sympathiser), and would have been a potential threat to Stryker's operations, much like Moira MacTaggert would have been.
    That was my point when someone mentioned this once and said the writer's should have researched more... not only a possibility of being mutant sympathisers, but A) how do they know who is and isn't a mutant? Especially at times for Bochs when he was doing the phase in... they wouldn't nesecarily know how he was doing. Folks like Moira... they hang out with KNOWN mutants, just because they haven't been seen to exhibit any powers, who's to say they don't have any?
    Swifty
    aka Tyvin on FFXI server Seraph.
    If I'm not at work or on MSN... I'm in Vana'Diel

Quote Originally Posted by beetleblack
    And is Lila Cheney classes as a mutant? I thought she was alien?
    Lila Cheney was born and bred in London, England. She's a mutant with long-range teleportational abilities. Her band and 'road' crew, however, are predominantly extraterrestrial (tho she did have a few human/Terran members at one point) (This was all explained in New Mutant Anal #1, 1984).

Does this mean that Cannonball is on the loose out in this X-Men universe too?
    Worse: Cannonball is back with the X-Men full-time (joined the XXM team in XXM#24, now serving under Storm in X-Men).

Come to think of it, what about the rest of the New Mutants?
    Last I heard, Xian, Dani and Rahne were leading the Academy X crew (from NMvol.2/NXM:Acadamy X, or whatever it's being called now). Tabitha and Julio are still with the X-Corp (iirc), Skids is in Marvel-limbo, Rusty Collins is dead, and need I really explain where/what happened to Warlock? :P
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine