Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clayton Henry Pencils

Default Clayton Henry Pencils

Here are some beautiful pencil pages Clayton Henry just sent me. He wanted to be sure to notice the pannel where MMJ is being hit on #4 Page 5. If you compare it to the book, MMJ was edited out. To graphic for Marvel I guess.

The cover for #6, though I loved the preview art, seeing it just pencils is quite impressive to me.

Make sure your browser hasn't shrunk the images, and if so, zoom in. You really do want to see them full size.

http://www.alphaflight.net/latest_ne...t04_page05.JPG

http://www.alphaflight.net/latest_ne...t04_page06.JPG

http://www.alphaflight.net/latest_ne...ht06_cover.jpg

Man, they guy's pencils are just so clean! Thanks go out to Clayton for sharing these.

Ben

They're coming back with 404 errors Ben...
    Swifty
    aka Tyvin on FFXI server Seraph.
    If I'm not at work or on MSN... I'm in Vana'Diel

oopsie, all fixed

Ben

dude...if it weren't for the fact that I'm one side of the continent and yer on the other... *he knows the rest of that folks*

I deal a lot with anime types and even their pencils tend to be a bit messy but these are absolutely amazing! I am in awe and envy at the same time!
    Hell was full, so I came back.

Wow.... Geez it's almost a shame that they go and colour it all... Actually forget the almost.. it IS a shame.... Damn he's good!
    Swifty
    aka Tyvin on FFXI server Seraph.
    If I'm not at work or on MSN... I'm in Vana'Diel

Default Re: Clayton Henry Pencils

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Here are some beautiful pencil pages Clayton Henry just sent me...
    Sorry Ben, I'm still getting 404 messages
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Default Re: Clayton Henry Pencils

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Here are some beautiful pencil pages Clayton Henry just sent me...
    Sorry Ben, I'm still getting 404 messages

aw, sone of a.....that was just me being stupid. I deleted them when I archived the news, and didn't even realize. Uploading again, should be fine in a few minutes.

Ben

I've liked Clayton Henry's art more every issue, and these pencils-only pages do increase the appreciation.
    Kind of glad the image got edited, though. Would prefer the speculation of Sr's actions as abuse than it being showed,

Those are some pretty awesome pages. I loved his work on Exiles, and he seems to be doing well with Alpha Flight. Here's hoping he stays until the very end.

-Mystic
    Where are we going, and why are we in this hand-basket??

Speaking of Henry staying on... what's the deal with the penciler on #7 being somebody else?! I don't want anyone else but Henry on these pages! Well, besides possibly Carlo Barberi.

almost positive scott lobdell said guest penciller for 7/8 and clayton back on 9-12 for a 4 issure arc.

Don't knock a guest penciler for a couple issues. It may mean we see new issues more frequently than once per month

The colourist really really really doesn't do him any justice

Actually, I don't want Alpha Flight more than once a month. Books can really suffer in quality when they're rushed out like that... X-Treme X-Men really comes to mind here.

Ben, am getting 404's when I click on the two inner pages, but not on the cover.

Gotta admit that art always looks more dynamic in the two tone format. Re the colourist, maybe it's just that the writing and art style suggest the more cartoony type colouring we see in AF.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!