Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Warriors

Default New Warriors

I know we've got a fair few fans here and on the list, so thought I'd chuck this preview at people;

http://www.milehighcomics.com/firstl...rvel/shehulk5/

Ha! thats a great little story going on in that book. I'm not a She-Hulk fan but I'm going to check it out.

Oh yeah, BRING BACK THE NEW WARRIORS, 'cept I'd change the team name. They're not so new now.

OMG! *swoons all fangirly and stuff*
    Hell was full, so I came back.

Quote Originally Posted by PWalk
    Ha! thats a great little story going on in that book. I'm not a She-Hulk fan but I'm going to check it out.

Oh yeah, BRING BACK THE NEW WARRIORS, 'cept I'd change the team name. They're not so new now.
    I'm not normally a Shulk fan, but I'm gonna pick up #5 for definate. New Warriors (I think they should maybe change the name to 'The Warriors', they arn't quite so new anymore) and some great lines, especially the 'Planet of The Apes' reference.

Cheers Phil, more expense
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

No problem fella, I don't mind spending out on good stuff. She Hulks comments to a minaturised Wrecking Crew are worth the cover price alone.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I've heard mixed things about the title, people either seem to love it or hate it.

Can't say I've got the cash or the interest for it though....

I'm lucky in the respect that three IDW series are on hiatus for a couple of months, so I can take a long look at Shulk, plus UXM still ain't doing it, so replacing one with another solves the financial aspects.
    Del

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    I've heard mixed things about the title, people either seem to love it or hate it.

Can't say I've got the cash or the interest for it though....
    The only complaint I've had is Bobillo's artwork. Having Pelletier on fixes that. I think alot of people who don't like the book don't like their books to have a sense of humour. Much like many of Alpha's critics (One week to go to #5 YAY!)

Hmmm....looks intirguing. I may have to omit picking up one of my regular pulls to get this appearance by the NW. Although, I thought they relaunched the book a little while back with a somewhat different roster. Can anyone tell me what happened to those members??

-Mystic
    Where are we going, and why are we in this hand-basket??

New Warriors got a vol two, it wasn't a great sucess . Lasted ten issues, the team for that was Nova, Speedball, Namorita, Turbo, Aegis and Bolt. Aegis was going to change his name to ClicheMan at one time. Towards the end of the series, Thrashman came back. In the interim, Bolt, who had the legacy virus and was a friend of Maverick, took on the mantle of Maverick while Mav became Agent Zero (?). Bolt died in Mavs arms in Weapon-X something or other.

Aegis has disappeared off the face of the earth and Thrash is back in armour. So we have five members, the others are doing the following
    Rage = At private school, wants to live a normal life.
    Justice and Firstar = Were with the Avengers and I expect something to change for them in the upcoming dissassembled.
    Siluohette (sp) buggered of with her brother I believe,
    The male Turbo was killed by a Dire-Wraith.
    Timeslip lost her powers and I guess is in Comics Limbo.
    Hindsight Lad (who knows, who cares)
    Powerpax, back with Power Pack.
    DarkHawk : See Justice and Firestar
    Cloak & Dagger : Last seen in Runaways I believe.

However, while on the subject, little bit from LiTG

NEW NOVA

There's a new "Nova" comic book series from Marvel in the works. A kind of "Starship Troopers" style comic, using the Nova Corp as an international marines-style team. The writers are believed to be Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/co...gi?column=litg
    Del

I picked up and liked She Hulk #1 enought. Definitely like the preview here and will be picking it up.

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    New Warriors got a vol two, it wasn't a great sucess . Lasted ten issues, the team for that was Nova, Speedball, Namorita, Turbo, Aegis and Bolt. Aegis was going to change his name to ClicheMan at one time. Towards the end of the series, Thrashman came back. In the interim, Bolt, who had the legacy virus and was a friend of Maverick, took on the mantle of Maverick while Mav became Agent Zero (?). Bolt died in Mavs arms in Weapon-X something or other.

Aegis has disappeared off the face of the earth and Thrash is back in armour. So we have five members, the others are doing the following
    Rage = At private school, wants to live a normal life.
    Justice and Firstar = Were with the Avengers and I expect something to change for them in the upcoming dissassembled.
    Siluohette (sp) buggered of with her brother I believe,
    The male Turbo was killed by a Dire-Wraith.
    Timeslip lost her powers and I guess is in Comics Limbo.
    Hindsight Lad (who knows, who cares)
    Powerpax, back with Power Pack.
    DarkHawk : See Justice and Firestar
    Cloak & Dagger : Last seen in Runaways I believe.
    Wow...Seeing all those names makes me really wish there was another Warriors series. I guess I may just have to get the Nova series to make myself happy.
    Where are we going, and why are we in this hand-basket??

How did Timeslip lose her powers? I thought Rina was cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Mapleleaf Jr
    How did Timeslip lose her powers? I thought Rina was cool.
    In the last iss of the original New Warriors run, Rina was at ground zero of a bomb set off to distroy all the super powered types abilities across the globe. She prevented the actual explosion but her powers were nulified as a result. I don't have the iss on hand or I could go into more detail, in short she did a lot of people a favour and only lost her abilities for it...at least it wasn't her life
    Hell was full, so I came back.