Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Early evidence of Northstar's homosexuality

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    Odds of assumption being right are greater because he's in Canada, and it's cold up there.
    Um, I'm in Canada, and it sure as Hell ain't cold here (82F at present)
    What? Allan you are still using that old Fareneith unit thing? And you call yourself Canadian? Come on, you know it's celsius we use and learn in Canada (in Québec anyway). My God, he is using the F word. nooo!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by syvalois
    What? Allan you are still using that old Fareneith unit thing? And you call yourself Canadian? Come on, you know it's celsius we use and learn in Canada (in Québec anyway). My God, he is using the F word. nooo!!!!!!
    Now now, before anyone goes and calls the Metric Police, I simply used Fehrenheit for those of our non-Metric friends.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by syvalois
    Now now, before anyone goes and calls the Metric Police, I simply used Fehrenheit for those of our non-Metric friends.

Ahahahahahaha! You got scolded! You got scolded!

Although Sylvie I have to give him some slack here...depending on the nationality of who I'm talking to is whether I use C or F...I have enough practice converting between the two I can do it in me head now.
    Hell was full, so I came back.

I appreciate the conversion between the two. Being in a country where the metric system is an evil phrase, it's appreciated.

-Mystic
    Where are we going, and why are we in this hand-basket??

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic
    I appreciate the conversion between the two. Being in a country where the metric system is an evil phrase, it's appreciated.

-Mystic
    LOL I could be really bad and post temps in K...then you'd all be complaining about how flaming hot it is during the blizzard raging outside in winter. ^^

But heat is over rated anyway...it's a matter of what yer used to and what I can handle comfortably would probably kill anyone from north of the border lol
    Hell was full, so I came back.

I'm in Canada and its cool hee because I have the central air and fans on. Otherwise I'd be sweating. Why do people think its always cold here? I live in Ontario, Canada and it is usually always warmer here than in the States. And no I don't live in an Igloo!
    Richard Vasseur

LOL I could be really bad and post temps in K...then you'd all be complaining about how flaming hot it is during the blizzard raging outside in winter. ^^
    I think conversion to kelvin are a lot easier than the F word, 0°K = -273°C and it's a simple "règle de trois" (don't know in english). Anyway, easier to convert as you can see bellow (picture graciously found by burN). Now, 82 F = 28°C, with or without humidex factor?

Sylvie

Hé, hé, hé !!! burN@

Quote Originally Posted by Richv1
    What picture?
    that one if it's working now:

conversion's easy for eatimate
    C to F temp x2 + 32
    F to C temp -32 /2

Sylvie's picture clogged me up, but I did see it, and was more complicated by being more precise with 1.8 instead of 2

Summer, yes, but I don't think many Canadians get away with being nudists full time, and don't want to think what people are wearing or not while in front of the keyboard.

Sorry the pic still gone Well, Kozzi summaried (sp) it well, except for Kelvin, but I did it before Now I never multiply by 2 always 1,8... that must be why I can't get it in °F

Now, what temperature got to do with northstar homosexuality?

Maybe the gay readers find him to be a real hot guy?

Or maybe no.
    Personality problems?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Some friends and I were talking about this subject recently so I was wondering if anyone here had seen the early reference.

There was one clear early reference that Northstar was gay. I'm trying to find the exact issue (I've had them packed away for 25 years) but I think it was between #2 and #12 somewhere.

Northstar was criticizing Aurora for keeping the company of men, and quipped back that since when did he object to keeping the company of men.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Rich View Post
    Some friends and I were talking about this subject recently so I was wondering if anyone here had seen the early reference.

There was one clear early reference that Northstar was gay. I'm trying to find the exact issue (I've had them packed away for 25 years) but I think it was between #2 and #12 somewhere.

Northstar was criticizing Aurora for keeping the company of men, and quipped back that since when did he object to keeping the company of men.
    Sounds like the bickering from AF #41, Kara Kilgrave's debut issue. Aurora wants to design Madison's costume, Northstar snarks that it'll of course be something impossibly form-fitting, and she wants to know since when does he object to having attractively men around. Not one of the earliest examples, but Mantlo's hints were a lot less subtle than Byrne's.
    Last edited by suzene; 09-27-2010 at 04:30 PM.