Thread: Attn : Toronto People

Default Attn : Toronto People

Anyone living in or around Toronto might be interested to know that Dave Ross wil be appearing at Comics and More here in town for Free Comic Day. Preveiws of his new Alpha work are supposed to be on hand.

Anyone wanting more info can call the store at (416) 778-8314.

If this be considered Spam my apologies. Just thought fans would want to know.

Coool! Thanks for sharing... I likely won't do anything about it, but it was good to know

You're a class act Johnny :P
    Swifty
    aka Tyvin on FFXI server Seraph.
    If I'm not at work or on MSN... I'm in Vana'Diel

oooooooohhhh, if anyone going is able to take some pics for me to put up on AF.net, that would SO rock! [-o<

yes please! That's too cool. My comic shop doesn't have anything going for free comic day...other then the free comics, which is unusual for them seeing as they're one fo the biggies in the Bay area.
    Hell was full, so I came back.

I wish I could be there for it. My shop will have the free comics to but thats it. It is a small shop but a nice one.
    Richard Vasseur

Further to Ben's point about pics, if anyone wants to interview him that'd be a nice fit...

And giving him the URL for the forum would be a nice touch

Did you meet Dave Ross, Johnny?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    Did you meet Dave Ross, Johnny?
    Oh I've met Dave on a number of occasions. I have convention type sketches of Northstar , Aurora , Box (from a picture that only appeared in marvel age annual #2 I believe.) and Shaman. I also have a few pages of AF original pages from Dave.
    Interesting Note on Shaman , the cosume that Dave drew Shaman in was created by Mike Mignola before he left the book but he never actually used.

Also Dave didn't like the inks of Gary? Talaoc on his work but it was his first work so he had no real choice.

I've also been to dinner with Dave (in conjunction with Comics and More (shameful Plug)) at a local sports bar.

Dave is a pretty decent guy.

Yeah, I remember speaking with Dave Ross at the Toronto-con a number of years ago, really nice guy. I've always liked his work on Alpha, as well as Avengers West (and the very short-lived Thrax from Event).

He has a knack for drawing technology very well, so he did some really cool things with Madison Jeffries' powers. I would've liked to have seen his interpretation of the later version of Box, but he had already moved on by that time.

Speaking of that Shaman costume, I have a b&w print done by Mignola which features it. Also included is Heather in the Guardian costume (sans goggles). Dated 1985 and signed & numbered to 230.

Mignola inked it himself so, like the covers he did, you can really appreciate the distinct lines and blacks. It's really a beautiful image, I'll try and post a pic for anyone interested.

'later days,

-Mike

I can understand not liking Talaoc inking, I did not like it much myself, considering what Mignola could do on the covers and what you had inside.

Quote Originally Posted by mvranas
    Yeah, I remember speaking with Dave Ross at the Toronto-con a number of years ago, really nice guy. I've always liked his work on Alpha, as well as Avengers West (and the very short-lived Thrax from Event).

Speaking of that Shaman costume, I have a b&w print done by Mignola which features it. Also included is Heather in the Guardian costume (sans goggles). Dated 1985 and signed & numbered to 230.

Mignola inked it himself so, like the covers he did, you can really appreciate the distinct lines and blacks. It's really a beautiful image, I'll try and post a pic for anyone interested.

'later days,

-Mike
    On THRAX . I asked if he was doing anything and he told me that he was reworking the first issue and had the second issue almost done, He just doesn't have the capital to publish right now and said he hadn't found someone to publish it for him.

On the Shaman costume. I meant that Mgnola never actually got to use it in the book. I have seen the print you are talking about it is a beauty. I have a bad scan somewhere and will post it in the Alpha images section.