Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yukon Jack and Snowbird

Explain it as a young-minded girl with the powers of a demi-goddess trying to find herself?

I don't see any reason for an explanation...like I said it can be ignored. It looks like Scott is going to ignore it and write her as she should be(if the Plodex Snowbird is any clue)....if so...I say, YAY!!!!!

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    Explain it as a young-minded girl with the powers of a demi-goddess trying to find herself?
    Why oh why are people trying to make this incarnation of Snowbird a girl/a new character. The body is irrelevant, it's the soul that hasn't changed. The body is merely a shell for the form of the Gods' chosen herald on Earth.

There were two inconsistant lines, in a fricking issue of X-Men Unlimited.
    It counts for diddly squat.

Phil well said.
    Richard Vasseur

Is Diddly Sqaut going to be Austen's new pen name?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Austens new pen name will be Sandra Bullock, and he'll reprise one of her roles. He shall be called Miss DeContinuity.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I don't know that he'd change his gender in his name like that. How 'bout Phil O. Bullock?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Hey Jeff maybe we could have a super-hero that does change its gender all the time. Call them Gender-Bender! What powers would it have?
    Actually there was a hero Starhawk that changed back and forth and also Cloud. Oh well we can have a Canadian version.
    Richard Vasseur

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    I don't know that he'd change his gender in his name like that. How 'bout Phil O. Bullock?
    Full Of Bollacks, yea that works for me
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by Richv1
    Hey Jeff maybe we could have a super-hero that does change its gender all the time. Call them Gender-Bender! What powers would it have?
    Actually there was a hero Starhawk that changed back and forth and also Cloud. Oh well we can have a Canadian version.
    Most suitable power choice is metamorphy, ala Reed Richard or Dough Boy
    www.kozzi.us

maybe it's only a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by firestar
    I have no idea what this thread is actually about anymore Firestar, but from the monicker, I gather your a Warriors fan?
    Del

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Quote Originally Posted by firestar
    I have no idea what this thread is actually about anymore Firestar, but from the monicker, I gather your a Warriors fan?
    Yeah I was thinking that too.... (the new warriors bit ^^)

eh something about Snowy and YJ being kin or something? hypothosis?
    Hell was full, so I came back.

I doubt that they're related. In fact, who's to say that they're in any way aware of each other? Snowbird and the lineage she hails from hardly represent the totality of native Canadian history and myth, no? That would be like saying that the trickster god Coyote of Cheyenne and Apache myth would automatically be well-acquainted with the various spirits and gods of the Iroquous.

And personally, I think it would be more interesting if they weren't already aware of each other or their place in the halls of mythological power. That would make things more interesting. Why tie everyone together in a neat little package?

Quote Originally Posted by Richv1
    I thought we did have a character like that. He/she was called Sasquatch.