Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yukon Jack and Snowbird

Default Yukon Jack and Snowbird

I was ust rereading my copy of ANADAF#4 and i noticed that Yukon Jack and Snowbird have the same eyes. Does that mean he's a demigod too? Or maybe even Narya's son?

Oh, and Snowbird isnt in the confrontation of the two teams in the last page, but that could be just for balance and not really mean anything ))

Though this would be kinda cool, YJ's whole race has those eyes. They ARE very long lived, near immortal, but I don't think they would be an intire races of godlings.

Ben

I seem to remember that before we knew anything about the character of Yukon Jack and just pictures of him that it was rumoured that he might be Snowbird's dead son (because of the eyes.).

Personally I think a romance between this pair would be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Though this would be kinda cool, YJ's whole race has those eyes. They ARE very long lived, near immortal, but I don't think they would be an intire race of godlings.
    Maybe the entire race, the king his father, the whole hidden kingdom is a lie? Lobdell has hinted that the grammatically incorrect archaic speech has a reason. Maybe its because the past he believes is fabricated? Sorta like "The Truman Show".

This would explain why the king of a supposedly hidden kingdom would be susceptible to large sums of currency from the "outside world".

Snowbird's eyes are not all that uncommon, artistically. In original Excalibur, Meggan's "true form" also had Snowbird eyes

I'm just hoping that Yukon Jack doesn't turn out to be another Magma. I loathed Fabian Nicieza's raping and pillaging of the Nova Roma storyline, and I'm grateful that Claremont retconned the retcon. Pleeeeeeeease don't let the same thing happen to Yukotujazurjimozoata!

I'm wondering if somehow the Northern Gods and the tribe are connected. Whether they are a tribe that was descended from a previous Earth bound Avatar like Birdy.

Quote Originally Posted by jay042
    I'm wondering if somehow the Northern Gods and the tribe are connected. Whether they are a tribe that was descended from a previous Earth bound Avatar like Birdy.
    I think that would be pretty interesting and it would be interesting to see how Yukon Jack reacts when face to face with Narya. This would of course make their relationship even more interesting, especially if she commanded him to be her paramour!!!

Quote Originally Posted by beetleblack
    I think that would be pretty interesting and it would be interesting to see how Yukon Jack reacts when face to face with Narya. This would of course make their relationship even more interesting, especially if she commanded him to be her paramour!!!
    LOL! That would be so we can have a stronger strain of descendants from the gods. Hey... what if the whole village has powers?

Quote Originally Posted by bigbloo
    LOL! That would be so we can have a stronger strain of descendants from the gods. Hey... what if the whole village has powers?
    I would certainly like to see more of Yukon Jack's people and his mysterious tribe/village/world - I think there is so much to explore there and I really like the idea of a connection between him and Snowbird. I have to say that I don't really think that Narya has EVER had - what I would conder anyway - a really GOOD storyline!

Yukon Jack and Snowbird as a couple, From what I remember of the old Snowbird I don't think she would like him much. But the new one who knows? Maybe. It certainly would be interesting.
    Richard Vasseur

I would like the new Snowbird to be more aware of her goddess heritage and come over as a bit arrogant and more aware of her sexuality (think Grant Morrison's portrayal of Emma Frost).

Another Emma Frost character noooooo. I liked her old one but I can certainly understand changing it some. But not like Emma's errogant sob attitude.
    Richard Vasseur

I would like the new Snowbird to be more aware of her goddess heritage and come over as a bit arrogant and more aware of her sexuality (think Grant Morrison's portrayal of Emma Frost).
    I'd rather her be a bit more human.

Yes more human would be ok as long as she still maintains some of her Goddess personality.
    Richard Vasseur