Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dream Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Major Mapleleaf Jr
    I'd like to see Carlo Barberi on the new Alpha Flight, or even the guy who did Crimson (Humberto something, I think?). After seeing Barberi's work on the new New Mutants, I think he'd draw this team very well. His style would mesh well with Henry's.
    Humberto Ramos...that one I remember because of his work on Impulse.

And hey nice to see yer still alive...been kinda quiet there lately mate.
    Hell was full, so I came back.

Thank ya, darlin'... it's been one hell of a class-load for me at college, so I've been very intermittent here lately. But I had to at least pop in during a lull in the fighting and stick in my two cents. Even worse than being behind here, I'm behind on my fanfic. I just squeezed out Alpha Flight #4 at Marvel Omega, and I've still got to do #5, #6, and Moonstar #2. Oy vey!

Impulse had some nifty art, but I thought Barberi did that, not Humberto? I was confused, too... their styles are almost 100% alike. It's weird to me. But in a good way.

I like Bill Sienkiewizc's work too, but it would have to be a pretty gritty Alpha tale for his work to really shine. Maybe a mystical tale with Snowbird, Shaman, Talisman and Earthmover. Up against the Great Beasts!

Moebius would be a great artist too, Or Ladronn, whose work kinda reminds me of Moebius.

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftFox
    I dunno Phil.... I liked the top pic of the team.... but the three Wolverine covers... just not to my taste I suppose...
    The covers weren't by him, the interior art featuring Wolverine, Wildchild and Heather were.

I would love to see Mizuki Sakakibara take over Alpha Flight. I absolutely love his work on Exiles.

Henry is alright, but all the character's faces look the same. Look at the red-head nurse from Issue 1 and then look at Heather on the last page of Issue 4. Their faces look identical. I noticed it on a few issues of Exiles he did too. Sue Storm and Majik looked identical. Granted, his action scenes are good, and his cartoony style fits the feel of the book, but I just wish I could tell the characters apart by something other than their clothes.

Jim Balent "NO" I read one of his comics that was enough all it did was show naked women and males and lots of sex. I don't want that in Alpha Flight.
    I wouldn't mind seeing Frank Frazetta doing it.
    Richard Vasseur

Quote Originally Posted by Richv1
    I read one of his comics that was enough all it did was show naked women and males and lots of sex.
    What was the comic? A lot of what is showed would depend on the writing... it's not like you could have a battle with Magneto in the script and the art shows two people having sex...
    Swifty
    aka Tyvin on FFXI server Seraph.
    If I'm not at work or on MSN... I'm in Vana'Diel

The comic is Tarot Witch of the Black Rose. Someone recommended it to me as they knew I liked the Chaos! Lady Death. But the two comics were nothing a like.
    Richard Vasseur

Quote Originally Posted by Richv1
    Jim Balent "NO" I read one of his comics that was enough all it did was show naked women and males and lots of sex. I don't want that in Alpha Flight.
    I wouldn't mind seeing Frank Frazetta doing it.

Uummmmm?? Perhaps you missed the 75 issues of Catwoman he did??
    Just because the artists does some alternate genres on his own doesn't mean they are incapable of doing mainstream stuff.

Likewise for Milo Manara. I have books he's done with no nudity. They are amazing. All his stuff is. OK not all, but you know.

Yes I know about the Catwoman comics he did and yes they were well drawn. I was refering to what he is doing now. And I just read Clone by Milo Milano which was excellently drawn. It had a sex scene in it to but it was fitting for the story and so was the nudity.
    Tarot though is a comic drawn just to show off nude people and them having sex. Which is not why I buy comics.
    I rarely buy any comic that has nudity or sex in it. I like comics as a meduim to have fun with them. You can sit down relax and laugh or cry as you read about such and such's adventures knowing they are not really real but still if its writen well enough and drawn good you get drawn into it. You actually feel for the characters.
    Richard Vasseur

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Quote Originally Posted by PWalk
    Now personally I'd like to see Todd McFarlane.
    His Puck n Sas cameo in Spider-Man wasn't bad at all, so it'd be interesting.
    Phil,

any idea what book that was? I'd hunt it down just for the cameos.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    (if you have a scan, you'd be my bestest platonic friend
    Quote Originally Posted by PWalk
    any idea what book that was? I'd hunt it down just for the cameos.
    Ask and ye shall receive, my children;
    From Spider-Man #12:
    http://hometown.aol.co.uk/PhlpThomas/SM12.jpg

(have used a url rather than the image as it's a full size scan so the writing can be read)

The issue involves Spidey and Wolvie taking on Wendigo.

Hmmm, that is quite nice, thanks for sharing it Phil!

Ben

Ramos and Barberi would work for me as well. But I doubt Ramos would take the step down from Spiderman to Alpha Flight.

Barberi's work on Alternation was great.

Aaron Lopresti's work on Excalibur looks good. All his drawings on his website www.aaronlopresti.com show that he has a lot of skill.
    Richard Vasseur