Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dream Artist

Quote Originally Posted by PWalk
    Rob Liefeld.
    *cough*

*cough*

Nowhere near the worst renditions of Alphans IMO

Now personally I'd like to see Todd McFarlane.
    His Puck n Sas cameo in Spider-Man wasn't bad at all, so it'd be interesting.

Darrick Robertson...his run on New Warriors blew me away!
    Hell was full, so I came back.

I dunno Phil.... I liked the top pic of the team.... but the three Wolverine covers... just not to my taste I suppose...
    Swifty
    aka Tyvin on FFXI server Seraph.
    If I'm not at work or on MSN... I'm in Vana'Diel

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    My pick's Phil Jiminez (sp?)
    Jimenez, i think, but he's one of my favorite artists too The guys reminiscent of George Perez, only everyones sexier...

You which creative team I like on Alpha Flight is the current one.
    I wouldn't mind seeing Amanda Conner on it.
    Richard Vasseur

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftFox
    I dunno Phil.... I liked the top pic of the team.... but the three Wolverine covers... just not to my taste I suppose...
    cough...cough...We don't have the same taste Swifty, I really like better cover 1 and 3. cover from the left makes me think of Mignola. I don't like the cover in the middle, because Wolverine got a very strange posture. and the top pic, is ok, but very static and not powerful like cover 1. and top pic, like everything made by Liefeld, have the proportions wrong. The more obvious, Puck head, Aurora and Talisman shoulder, Talisman's head or neck, there is something wrong in that area and definitly talisman's foot. And except for heather, the other woman looks like women bodybuilder or men, I don't think Aurora would like to look like that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Rob Liefeld.
    *cough*
    [images cut to conserve space*cough*

Nowhere near the worst renditions of Alphans IMO
    I dunno, phil. Seems like typical Liefield: badly proportioned (not just Puck either, tho his torso is HUGE), and over gratifying the women's boobs. Plus, Liefield seems to be like me in his drawing: starts with the head and torso, and when it comes to appendages, looses interest.

Now personally I'd like to see Todd McFarlane.
    His Puck n Sas cameo in Spider-Man wasn't bad at all, so it'd be interesting.
    I never saw the cameo (if you have a scan, you'd be my bestest platonic friend ), so can't comment on MacFarlane's renditions, tho would NEVER balk at the chance of seeing my own personal Canadian Idol (I know, that's lame, but hey, it's me) doing this book! Even a sample page would make me drool!
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

[quote][quote="HappyCanuck"]
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Rob Liefeld.
    over gratifying the women's boobs.
    I don't think it's overgratifying women's boobs, it's replacing them with cones.

Quote Originally Posted by syvalois
    I don't think it's overgratifying women's boobs, it's replacing them with cones.
    What she said! I have never liked Leifield's style.
    Hell was full, so I came back.

Quote Originally Posted by ladymako71
    Darrick Robertson...his run on New Warriors blew me away!
    I gotta agree there, except for me it was his Transmetropolitan work that blew me away. Definatly one of the best artists in the industry today.

Quote Originally Posted by maniac mike
    My pick would have to be either Tom Raney (I love his Outsiders work) or Paul Pelletier (has a John Byrne feel to his artwork)

MM

Pelletier's earlier work especially had a Byrne quality. If you can find his Ex-Mutants stuff from Malibu Comics you'll see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Richv1
    I'd like to see Michael Turner draw the team. From his work on Aspen and the DC comics he did recently he can draw some nice pictures. Especially the females.
    The more I see of Turner the less I like him.

Let's Go out on a limb here,

How about Milo Manara, or Aspiri .

Jim Balent.

and of course Sergio Aragones.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck
    Let's Go out on a limb here,

How about Milo Manara, or Aspiri .

Jim Balent.

and of course Sergio Aragones.
    Manara as an excellent drawing, but you will see naked women all around. Not something I'm interested in and it would definitly not be comic code approuved.

Maybe Moebius? or Loisel? or Bill Sieckivic (sp?)

You mean Bill Sienkiewicz (sp?), the guy who did New Mutants in its early run? The Demon Bear Saga was AWESOME because of his pencils. But I don't think his work really captures the "feel" of Alpha Flight. It's too dark, too edgy. Don't get me wrong, though; I think his work is amazing.

I'd like to see Carlo Barberi on the new Alpha Flight, or even the guy who did Crimson (Humberto something, I think?). After seeing Barberi's work on the new New Mutants, I think he'd draw this team very well. His style would mesh well with Henry's.