Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dream Artist

Mario Gully or Jinky Coronado both have a style that would make the Alphans look good.
    Richard Vasseur

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    It's a damn pity that Ashley Wood's issue didn't actually feature any Alphans
    Could you elaborate on that a little Phil, my knowledge of Wood only comes from his work on IDW covers and C.S.I books ?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I thank you, just been to the special place and had a quick look.. Not sure about Sas, but the rest looked very good.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Would anyone like to see one of those oversized comics that Alex Ross does for DC once a year but featuring Alpha Flight?
    Richard Vasseur

I think the nearest we're ever gonna get to see Ross doing AF were the sketches/covers for Earth/Universe/Paradise X.

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    jim lee, his stuff is classi
    It's be interesting to see the evolution from his first arc on AF.

I was going to get a sketch of Box from him at Bristol last year, but really couldn't be bothered with the day long queues.

That was an interesting few hours, wait all day with a playing card in your hand or get him to sign some Alpha's and sod off to find alternatives. I think our option worked, considering that I saw an unsigned AF #51 on Pauls wall for nine pound fifty last time I was in the shop.
    Del

Default Re: Dream Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    I'll go with Ron Lim.
    His renditions in the Infinity whatevers were pretty solid.

THat would be interesting to see how Alpha Flight would evolve in a Paradise X setting. Snowbird could actually become a goddess instead of a demi-goddess. Guardian could have a much more technical suit. Sasqutch could be either more fierce or a lot more gentile. Nemesis could be out of her suit.
    Richard Vasseur

AF were in Paradise X...

Mac was a headless cyborg, Sas was unable to revert to man form, Puck and Snowbird were 'dead' , the rest of the team made little cameos here and there.

Yes but how would the all new team look? Like Yukon Jack would he be in a white suit? And king of his people?
    Richard Vasseur

Rob Liefeld.
    I joke. I find his work to be some of the worst to ever be in a comic.

Now personally I'd like to see Todd McFarlane. Now I havent really read comics in about 8 years and the only time I ever came back to them was for Volumes 2 & now 3. But growing up with comics in the early 90's I always wanted to see what TM would do with Sasquatch and Guardian if given the book for say five issues.

My pick's Phil Jiminez (sp?)

Quote Originally Posted by PWalk
    Rob Liefeld.
    I joke. I find his work to be some of the worst to ever be in a comic.
    No disagreement

Now personally I'd like to see Todd McFarlane. Now I havent really read comics in about 8 years and the only time I ever came back to them was for Volumes 2 & now 3. But growing up with comics in the early 90's I always wanted to see what TM would do with Sasquatch and Guardian if given the book for say five issues.
    oooh!! that would be GREAT to see MacFarlane on the Flight!! I loved his work in the early90's on Amazing Spider-Man, and his stuff on Spawn. I think he'd do ALL of them great justice! (the fact he's Canadian also plays into it too)
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine