Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dream Artist

Default Dream Artist

Though I think we're mighty lucky with Clayton Henry as an artist, I've always dreamed of certain artists doing a run on Alpha Flight.

If you could pick one artist (that hasn't done it before) to do a stint on AF, who would it be?

I'll go with Ron Lim. I've always loved his stuff.

Ben

Default Dream Artist

I've always thought that Dale Keown would be the perfect fit for Alpha Flight.

Back in the early 90's, during his run on Hulk he created amazing renditions of a number of Marvel U characters (anyone remember the X-Factor cross-over?) and I believe Keown could breathe new life into the Alpha franchise.

Although, like most on this board, I'm really enjoying Clayton Henry's art, so no disrespect to him.

Cheers,

Mike

My pick would have to be either Tom Raney (I love his Outsiders work) or Paul Pelletier (has a John Byrne feel to his artwork)

MM

I really liked Joe Madureira's work on Uncanny X-Men. I think he would do some good things with Alpha Flight.
    Where are we going, and why are we in this hand-basket??

Jim Calafiore would be my chocie. His Exiles run (including several issues featuring an Alternate Universe Alpha Flight) is just the kind of solid classic superhero style art I'd love to see on Alpha

I'd like to see Michael Turner draw the team. From his work on Aspen and the DC comics he did recently he can draw some nice pictures. Especially the females.
    Richard Vasseur

Todd Nauck would be my choice. He'd fit the tone of the book really well.

Default Artists

Rick Lyon is very good to. He has worked on Razor.
    Richard Vasseur

I was reading old issues of Exiles and thought HEY I'd like to see this guy on Alpha Flight.... then I checked the credits and realized.... he already is!
    Swifty
    aka Tyvin on FFXI server Seraph.
    If I'm not at work or on MSN... I'm in Vana'Diel

Jonboy Meyers is being a great job on Marvel Age: Spider-Man. But do not put Dan Slott from She-Hulk on it he has got to be one of the worst artists I've seen.
    Richard Vasseur

jim lee, his stuff is classi, or the guy (can't remember his name) that is currently drawing teen titans, his art is so clean and unflashy that it's awesome.

Alex Ross is one of the best artists now.
    Richard Vasseur

Alan Davis would be good, or a surreal Dreamqueen story drawn by Ben Templesmith or Ashley Wood.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

It's a damn pity that Ashley Wood's issue didn't actually feature any Alphans