Thread: Brain Drain

Default Brain Drain

I happened to stumble across this little tidbit...

http://www.medinnus.com/winghead/brain_drain.html

MM

hah hah, that's awsome! He's such a crazy baddy I love the micro of him, it's really well done.

Ben

Default Brain Drain

I didn't realize Brain Drain had that much backstory - I hadn't even heard of him prior to his appearance in AF.

Does anyone know if he was actually a Golden Age character, or was he introduced in the Invaders series, which told tales of the Golden Age?

Mike

I believe his first appearence was Invaders (vol. 1) #2

MM

So Brainy is actually a retcon character then. Like Major Mapleleaf Sr.

He actually could be a dangerous adversary if he was presented correctly. He obvioulsy has telepathic abilites on the scale of Xavier seeing how he was able to brainwash those European heroes all over the continent merely by being in visual contact with them. Imagine the power he might have if he were to connect himself with Cerebra.

Of course, with a handle like Brain Drain, he'll always be stuck in the Mort of the Month category.

Wow, i didnt know Brain Drain was an actual existing character before i saw him in the AF issues. Were all of those heroes in the AF world tour pre existing characters or were they new characters?

I really liked Omerta.

Le Peregrine and Shamrock first appeared in Contest Of Champions (vol.1)

Micromax first appeared in Excalibur

Ursula, Omerta, and Prodigy made their first appearance in AF

MM

Prodigy was one of Scott's running jokes and is best forgotten now that the punch line has been told.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    Prodigy was one of Scott's running jokes and is best forgotten now that the punch line has been told.
    It was? It has? Please tell... I think i missed it.

It's an American stereotype that Polish people are stupid. His power was intelligence (BWAHAHA) and didn't he knock himself out in that issue? (BWAHAHAHA),
    In reality, the poles had more of a language barrier when immigrating to the United States, so therefore scored lower on tests. Italians had the same problem, but their culture of pizza, pasta and mafia overcame the "stupid" stereotype.

Ahhhhh
    Thanks for the explanation!

Not to mention, Prodigy also looked like Dennis the Menace Too!