Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New AF Goodies

Default New AF Goodies

whoohoo! Lookie what Alpha Goodies I just got in the mail:

http://forum.alphaflight.net/album_pic.php?pic_id=102

and

http://forum.alphaflight.net/album_pic.php?pic_id=103

I also got my AF#1 signed by Clayton Henry today.

Ben

Very nice!!

I'm surprised how much stuff like this you all seem to find... I mean given the general view on AF....
    Swifty
    aka Tyvin on FFXI server Seraph.
    If I'm not at work or on MSN... I'm in Vana'Diel

Default New AF Goodies

Swifty,

Most of this stuff (patches, pins & t-shirts) hails from the mid-80's when Alpha was one of Marvel's most popular books.

Unfortunately, times have changed. I don't expect we'll be seeing much in the way of merchandise any time soon.

Mike

AF was one of Marvel's most popular books???
    Swifty
    aka Tyvin on FFXI server Seraph.
    If I'm not at work or on MSN... I'm in Vana'Diel

It sure was! Back in the Byrne days, it was a top seller. You never know, if the sales stay steady as they are now for a while, we may see some new goodies yet

Ben

I seem to remmeber seeing sales figures for that period and I think the first 12/13 issues were never out of the top five, reaching as high as number three at one point.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    It sure was! Back in the Byrne days, it was a top seller. You never know, if the sales stay steady as they are now for a while, we may see some new goodies yet

Anyone ever see thr TSR roleplaying game which featured an Alpha Flight module? My friend has it,

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck
    Anyone ever see thr TSR roleplaying game which featured an Alpha Flight module? My friend has it,
    That would be a great thing to have. I hope your friend enjoys having it

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck
    Ive got it! Was real fun to play with my brothers. AF goes up against Cascade, the Master of the White Water!

Ill try to unearth it and scan em up.

Default Me Too

I have it too! I think it's called the Catspaw! I never played it unfortuantely. Most of my friends were into D&D or GURPS. But it's cool to have in my collection!

Barnacle

I found a copy of the 2003 Marvel Universe Roleplaying Game: Guide to the X-Men. It has a blurb about Alpha Flight and a full bio for Northstar, who was an X-Man at the time. Never played the game but it's a fun read, especially since they go into real nice detail about various groups and characters. When I get the chance I'll post a scan of the Northstar bio.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Default Re: Me Too

Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle13
    I have it too! I think it's called the Catspaw!
    That's the one! A buddy of mine had it and we started to play it, but we never got too far and didn't try to continue for some reason.

EDIT TO ADD: Here's some more Alpha goodies.

Beautiful! I have the Snowbird and Talsiman patches. Also, the "Catspaw" RPG.

And, yes, Alpha was a big-selling comic in the 1980's. The first issue sold 500,000 copies, I believe. I'll never forget the day I bought the long-awaited AF #1 at Forbidden Planet in New York city, (April 29, 1983). There was a long line stretching practically from the back of the store to the cash register, and everyone seemed to be holding a copy of Af#1 in their hands. I got the second-to-the-last copy in the store. Just in the nick of time, eh?

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I have the Heather patch (based on the cover of #16); I didn't know there were others.

I saw the Catspaw game for sale before I was into comics, and didn't buy it. My third-greatest Alpha 'I didn't buy it' regret, I think.

- Le Messor
    "For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned."
    - Matthew 12:37

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    My third-greatest Alpha 'I didn't buy it' regret, I think.
    Dead cat time, what where the other two?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!