Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Comics this week

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    Simply "Skin and Bone" is a catchier title.
    Maybe a spin off with Wolverine and Venom, "Hair and Teeth"?
    Heh, there was a Wolverine/Venom ltd series called Claw and Tooth about 8 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Give it a couple of years and the Guthries will have their very own comic. Sam, Paige and Josh/Jay so far, about four more too go. Imagine the book 'The X-Guthrie, Y'all' written by Chuck with art by Calimee

ACtually, Del, four of the Guthrie squids are confirmed Mutants: Sam, Paige, Josh/Jay (which ever he's going by this issue), and Jeb - who was shown with optical/electrical abilities at the beginning of the 'She Lies with Angels' arc in UXM.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Four!!, well their ya go, they could take over from the FF as the first family of the super hero world.

My lack of knowledge re the fourth Guthrie mutant, would seem to highlight how much notice I take of an UXM book when NS's not in it.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I've got to say, I really enjoyed #158.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    ACtually, Del, four of the Guthrie squids are confirmed Mutants: Sam, Paige, Josh/Jay (which ever he's going by this issue), and Jeb - who was shown with optical/electrical abilities at the beginning of the 'She Lies with Angels' arc in UXM.
    ......and don't forget Melody.
    Yes, she is a Guthrie, too.
    I promised myself that I'm going to stop bashing Chuck.
    He can put out some good stuff (Exiles).
    Moving on.........
    What about other comics this week.......what did you like and what did you not like?

I'll have to get back to ya on Saturday. The last thing I picked up was AF #4, and I've already rambled quite a bit about that one. ^^
    Hell was full, so I came back.

okay...it's saturday which emans I went and got my weekly fix of books.

I only picked up two of them. Ultimate X-Men and New X-Men...

One has JP one doesn't =p

The one that has JP in it made me laugh. "is he single?" with a crooked grin plastered on his mug had me rolling.

And damn you! first you taunt the slashers then you burn his eyes out! grrr.

I'm gonna go back to bed now and die.

I also happen to know that if Portugal goes "BOOM!" all of a sudden it's because me manic fangirl mate there saw what they've done to the X-Men and particularly Gambit...

She's already declared war on Marvel for benching JP.

I just got my comics for the week today!
    I bought Mystique#16, Weapon X#25, Excalibur#2, and Astonishing X-Men#2.
    I liked all of the issues but I didn't like the last page of Astonishing X-Men....

Just been and picked up for the first time in a couple of months, apart from little bits I've picked up on fleeting visits. Anyways picked up
    Weapon X #23-25
    Uncanny X-Men #445 (Staying to the end of this arc, no Northstar, no me)
    Supreme Power #10
    Alpha Flight #4 (will comment elsewhere, and all packages are winging their way to appropriate parties)

Stormwatch Team Achilles #22-23 (sodding Micah Wright and his big stories, cos he's a lying **** , we don't get to see the end of the story. ) Sodding Wildstorm and their principles )
    Authority #12-13 ( ED Brubaker next =D> )
    Authority 'More Kev' #1-2

Wanted #4 (Read this in the pub, actually enjoying the series a lot)
    Holed Up #2
    Hellblazer #196-197 (will 200 ever get here)
    Queen & Country #25 (Pure class)

C.S.I Demon House #4 of 5
    The Shield #5 of 5
    Silent Hill #4-5 of 5

Transmet Book 10 'One More Time' (last TPB, but am aware that there is a one off Spider story out soon)
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    The Shield #5 of 5
    Drat... I missed this.
    Shall haveta search fer it.

I missed out on Cla$$war #5 and still have Sleeper vol 1 TPB on hold. Volume 2 is out next week so another **** load of dosh next week

As for Shield #5, didn't know you were collecting Phil, I have heard that a second series in in the offing.
    Del

Just picked up, still haven't gotten Cla$$war #5, but if I remember the next time, it's a definate. So anyways picked up
    Alpha Flight #5 (more of this elsewhere)
    C.S.I Demon House #5 (read the first issue to get the gist, but will now read all five together, see what it's like in it's entirety)
    30 Days of Night : Return To Barrow #4 (Gonna wait till the end of the series before I read it. Haven't read since #1)
    Uncanny X-Men #446 : Biggest question, will I actually bother to read this?
    Supreme Power #11 : Loving this series immensely. Although the parallels with Rising Stars are hard to ignore. (Re Rising Stars : the final three are due out sometimes soon, or so I've been led to believe.
    Del

Supreme Power #11 : Loving this series immensely. Although the parallels with Rising Stars are hard to ignore. (Re Rising Stars : the final three are due out sometimes soon, or so I've been led to believe.
    also loving this

Uncanny X-Men #446
    I thought it was good, but the concentration on Sage as Claremont's latest pet character took a point off the score. It was great seeing Nightcrawler Storm and Wolverine interacting under Claremont's pen, although I really don't need Wolverine in every X-Team

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    also loving this

Uncanny X-Men #446
    I thought it was good, but the concentration on Sage as Claremont's latest pet character took a point off the score. It was great seeing Nightcrawler Storm and Wolverine interacting under Claremont's pen, although I really don't need Wolverine in every X-Team
    Supreme Power is probably JMS's best comic work so far IMO, the books are nicely paced and all seem to be heading for a rousing finale before it takes a six month hiatus while Doctor Spectrum gets his six issue limited. I've already got that down on my list at the shop. I'm sure somwhere that Gary Frank has said the scripts for #13 and onwards are in his possesion, cos there was concerns that SP would wind up after twelve issues. Personally I can't se Marvel letting it go.

I gotta admit that Claremont has improved the book tenfold since he came back, but I have to agre with the Wolverine thing, maybe he has lots of brothers.
    Del