Thread: Hawkeye & Wasp

Default Hawkeye & Wasp

Anyone got reaction to the Hawkeye and Wasp subplot from the Invaders arc in Avengers?
    True to characters or not?
    Make sense or not?

I haven't actually followed the Avengers for many many years. Last I knew Hawkeye was still married to his albeit estranged wife Mockingbird (who I believe is now dead ).

So what's currently with him and Wasp - are they involved?

In a poorly written sequence over the last eight issues, they have bashed Hank Pym (writer using Hawkete as a mouthpiece, in ignorance to the fact that Hawkeyte actively recruited Pym for the West Coast brank) and has suddnely had them going for a roll in the hay.

More shocking, YOU MISSED THE BUSIEK/PEREZ RUN?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    In a poorly written sequence over the last eight issues, they have bashed Hank Pym (writer using Hawkete as a mouthpiece, in ignorance to the fact that Hawkeyte actively recruited Pym for the West Coast brank) and has suddnely had them going for a roll in the hay.

More shocking, YOU MISSED THE BUSIEK/PEREZ RUN?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I hang my head in shame.

Why would they want to bash Ant Man? Wasp has always seemed like rather a dull character to me anyway. Hawkeye just reminds me of DC's Speedy/Arsenal. Are we really expected to believe that a guy who can fire arrows and been up against most of the major evil baddies in the Marvel Universe is still alive????

Hawkeye: "Hey Galactus, watch as I finish your world devouring antics with a bow and arrow."

I think not.

USUALLY Hawkeye comes off realistically enough for the medium. By your statement, are we supposed to believe characters such as Captain America and Puck are still alive?
    One of Hawkeye's best victories was against She-Hulk in the East/West crossover in West Coast A. Annual #1

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    USUALLY Hawkete comes off realistically enough for the medium. By your statement, are we supposed to believe characters such as Captain America and Puck are still alive?
    One of Hawkeye's best victories was against She-Hulk in the East/West crossover in West Coast A. Annual #1
    Ah, you have a point. Maybe there should be more death in the Marvel Universe then to make it realistic? Actually scratch that I don't read comic-books to give me a dose of realism.

I agree there. I just expect realistic-in-context.

Do yourself a favor and at least look into some trades of the Perez Busiek run.

Kang War was probably too long, but good overall. Opening issues and Ultron Unlimited most highly recommended.