Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Grabbing Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory

Griffey's on his way to 500! He's sitting at 499 after the weekend. Phil's beat the Twins 2-1 in the Dome on Sunday. McCoo runs for 160 yards as Berlin beats Frankfurt for the title. McCoo has Eagles fans salivating after his regular season MVP performance.

Sorry but I had to try a yank's version of the original post.

Quote Originally Posted by PWalk
    Griffey's on his way to 500! He's sitting at 499 after the weekend. Phil's beat the Twins 2-1 in the Dome on Sunday. McCoo runs for 160 yards as Berlin beats Frankfurt for the title. McCoo has Eagles fans salivating after his regular season MVP performance.

Sorry but I had to try a yank's version of the original post.
    LOL My thanks for not mentioning bloody Barry Bonds...I'm getting sick and tired of hearing about that tosser.
    Hell was full, so I came back.

Now that was better, England 3 Switzerland 0. Poor Swiss geezer with fiery bum gets sent of and why not, shouldn't have made Steven Gerrard cry. At some points during the game we actually played proper football, but too much time was spent just giving the ball back to the Swiss, just cos they have a crap team don't make them a charity case.

Now for the Croatians
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I dunno...the Croatians have been known to have their moments there, sunshine.

And come on! The Swiss? The biggest pack of pacifists on the planet? They aren't violent enough for sports

The Swiss, not violent ? They've had a player sent off in each match. Nastiest pacifists I've ever heard off. As for the Croatians, I shall see what France does to them tonight and then comment
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Yer on a footy binge I take it?

Aye, our tv is inundated with soccer, it's either that or Big Brother
    Del

Threeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee nilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Oh c'mon Phil, cheer up! They won. =p

</sarcasm>

Phil is as you can see, very happy. This is a good thing cos no more local breweries will go out of business and Wolverhampton will once again take it's place as the chief financial capital of the UK. Or not as the case may be.
    Del

oh god...that brings back the nightmares of the numerous brewery strikes in Aussie. *shudders*

Quote Originally Posted by ladymako71
    oh god...that brings back the nightmares of the numerous brewery strikes in Aussie. *shudders*
    Berwery strikes, hush now, we don't want to be talking of such things around these parts

As for the rest of the footie, bit of a surprise and not in the script, Croatia drew 2 - 2 with France, adds some spice to the England Croatia match.
    Del

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Quote Originally Posted by ladymako71
    Berwery strikes, hush now, we don't want to be talking of such things around these parts

As for the rest of the footie, bit of a surprise and not in the script, Croatia drew 2 - 2 with France, adds some spice to the England Croatia match.
    Well, that's all well and good but did you see the fight in Big Brother???

I didn't see the fight, but my kids are talking about it. They had to get security in there at four in the morning or somthing. Plus I saw pics of the damage the kitchen sustained, so all in all, 11 normal joe public types

http://www.wl015c7160.pwp.blueyonder.../BB5_fight.wmv
    Del

....and just what does any of this have to do with hockey??????