Thread: My Haul From Bristol

Default My Haul From Bristol

Bristol was good for picking up comics, managed to aquire
    Spring Heeled Jack #2 by Dave Hitchcock, this man writes and produces his own books under the 'Black Boar Press' imprint. Worth picking up for the art alone.
    Whitechapel Freak : Newspaper edition, again by Hitchcock (with a limited edition colour painting on parchment)
    Whitechapel Freak : Colour edition, with added work from Simon Bisley, who was totally slaughtered on whiskey, but still managed to sign his name
    No More Mrs Nice Nun TPB : The collected Knuckles the Malevolent Nun strips. Bloody hilarious and Blasphemous.
    Ganja Man #1 Noth said
    Astonauts in Trouble Got this as a freebie from a friend who got a good deal on Charlie Adlard stuff. Not bad so far.
    Tozzer and the Invisible Lap Dancers Extremely bizarre and funny.

Oh and Astoinishing X-Men #1 which impressed me so much I gave it to my son. Plus Uncanny #405, the Death of Radius, oh yes
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

damn talk about a haul and a half!

we had wondercon here in the beginning of may and I couldnt' find a single thing I wanted...I just might have to make the trip to San Diego then.
    Hell was full, so I came back.

The only things that I was really after were the Knuckles TPB and Whitechapel Freak original, with or without the parchment pic. The colour Whitechapel Freak and the rest were a bonus.

The real bonus of Cons like Bristol is that you can meet up with old friends and get totally mullahed with them. Legends are born and old memories revived and this year, nothing untoward can be levelled at me, which is good, normally I get the bad press.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Indeed my friend.

I dont really buy anything, these days and I'm running out of stuff to get signed.

Bristol's just for the laughs really.

Though meeting Simon helped.

Regarding Simon, I mailed him tother day with forum and site addies, but he told me he doesn't check that addy often. Should have asked him for a more regular addy. On that note, over on the Alpha's Newest Romance thread , or whatever it's called, I mentioned Heather and Wildchild, but I vaguely remember asking him about that, but can't remember what he said. Any recollection.
    Del

He couldn't remember exactly what he planned, but while he didn't want them to end up together he definitely added an air of attraction between the pair, carrying on from what Scott planted.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Indeed my friend.

I dont really buy anything, these days and I'm running out of stuff to get signed.

Bristol's just for the laughs really.

Though meeting Simon helped.
    GOing to cons for a laugh and to hang with mates is the only reason I go to any anyway. Well that and to hawk manga/doujinshis on the unsuspecting public that me and me mates made ourselves.
    Hell was full, so I came back.

I think this was the most consumer active I'd been at Bristol. It was my intention before I got there, that it was going to be my last. Age and the rest, but events of the weekend persuaded me otherwise.
    Del

I think the highlight of the chat with Simon was when he pointed out that when he got the assignment to write AF he went back and re-read Byrnes issues, and then skipped everything up to Scott's ones immediately before him

The highlight for me with Simon was his enthusiasm for AF, from the moment to I presented him with those pages from the lost Alpha, to after he went back into the hall after our natter, he was sincere and basically a perfect gent.
    Del