Thread: Major Mapleleaf Jr's real name

Default Major Mapleleaf Jr's real name

In #4 during the flashback, he father called him Edmond. Do you all frigure this was his middle name or something? Or has he also assumed his father first name along with his code name, perhaps it is tied in with his great need to do good, to bring good deeds to both his father's normal name, and his super hero name...

Ben

Best guess is middle name, as it would be used in the average family of Jr's and Srs to differentiate the two:
    RING!
    Hello
    Is Lou there?
    Do you want Big Lou or Little Lou?
    Little Lulu's Boring! I always liked Nancy better.
    Oh! You want to speak to Michael!

I'm with Koz on this one. I'm reckoning "Edmond" Is his middle name and was used to differentiate between father and son.
    Hell was full, so I came back.

Hmmm... I'm to lazy to read through the issues (you know all FOUR of them lol) But has he once been referred to anything other than Major Mapleleaf Jr (and now Edmond)? Has he been called Louis in the comic?

As for phone calls... I dunno, I know quite a few people who were named after their parents and used the name... it's often quite easy to tell who the call is for as generally if it's a kid calling... they wanna talk to the kid, or they would say "Mr. Jones" If it's an adult it's prolly for the adult. Or the person who answered phone asks "Jr. or Sr.?"
    Swifty
    aka Tyvin on FFXI server Seraph.
    If I'm not at work or on MSN... I'm in Vana'Diel

As for phone calls... I dunno, I know quite a few people who were named after their parents and used the name... it's often quite easy to tell who the call is for as generally if it's a kid calling... they wanna talk to the kid, or they would say "Mr. Jones" If it's an adult it's prolly for the adult. Or the person who answered phone asks "Jr. or Sr.?"
    Solution to this problem : just don't call your child with your name, it's avoid a lot of problem

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftFox
    Hmmm... I'm to lazy to read through the issues (you know all FOUR of them lol) But has he once been referred to anything other than Major Mapleleaf Jr (and now Edmond)? Has he been called Louis in the comic?
    in #1 (thought it was during Walt's dream) he introduced himself as Sgt Commander Lou Sadler.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    in #1 (thought it was during Walt's dream) he introduced himself as Sgt Commander Lou Sadler.
    It's quite possible... actually that sounds right... of course that WAS a dream and as Walt prolly knew Mapleleaf Sr's name after what happened in AF 106 his subconcious could have attached that name to JR in the dream....

But I'm mostly just making things up... you're prolly right...
    Swifty
    aka Tyvin on FFXI server Seraph.
    If I'm not at work or on MSN... I'm in Vana'Diel